- Brandenburg, KY, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance. Paid Vacation, Personal Days, Holidays, and Earned Sick Days. 401(k) - employee matching
Job Title: Journeyman Lineman
Reports to: Foreman/ District Supervisor
Benefit Status: Eligible
- To accept and carryout responsibilities of this position.
- To be familiar with Cooperative' s policies, rules and regulations; and have general knowledge of utility operations, maintenance, and construction procedures.
- To be trained in safe, reliable procedures for work assignments
- To have thorough knowledge of Cooperative' s ownership philosophy and principles.
II. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
Reports to assigned Foreman and may confer with District Supervisor.
- Perform line work on both de-energized and energized lines.
- Have thorough knowledge of oil circuit reclosures, sectionalizers, fuse disconnects, transformers, regulators and switches, to include single point grounding and lockout/tagout procedures.
- Makes line transformer connects and disconnects for both single and three phase applications.
- Lay-up, sag and tie in conductors.
- Be familiar with RUS specifications on pole framing applications and apply both on ground and in air.
- Make approved splices in conductors.
- Be familiar with ropes, gins, blocks, knot tying, small mechanical tools (winches, drills), non-mechanical tools (post hole diggers, shovel, tamp).
- Make daily check on tools and protective equipment and recommend replacement when necessary.
- Utilize co-op computers, tablets, and cell phones in a manner that conforms to the Cooperative's data and security policies.
- Be familiar with staking procedures and maps as needed for assignments.
- Operate Cooperative transportation equipment in a safe manner and hold a CDL certification.
- Ability to perform both pole top rescue, CPR and basic first aid procedures.
- Be trained formally in line skills both in classroom setting and practical application (to be certified by OSHA 1910.269 regulations).
- Perform standby service duty, as assigned.
- Must work overtime as requested.
- Be familiar with Cooperative computer services and programs for same.
- Other duties, as assigned, from time to time.
IV. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Neatness, diplomacy, and average skill and ability to work with other employees, and deal with the general public.
- Ability to read, write, measure, and have math skills to adequately perform responsibilities.
- Periods of sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, and stooping.
- Working at heights usually not exceeding fifty (50) feet, primarily on wood poles, ladders, or in mechanical lifts.
- Capacity to perform in extreme heat or cold, dust, fumes, chemicals, dampness, and possible loud noises.
- Working in areas with conditions of unlevel surfaces, slippery surfaces, and uneven terrain.
- Ability to carry weights averaging forty-five (45) pounds, not to exceed seventy (70) pounds, with pushing and pulling weights totaling as much as two hundred twenty (220) pounds.
- Good physical condition, finger dexterity, vision (including color vision), speaking, hearing, and ability to do close work.
IMPORTANT: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee also will perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. The cooperative reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities.