- Brandenburg, KY, USA
- $28.46 - $34.95
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, & Supplemental Insurance. Paid Vacation, Personal, Bereavement, and Sick Leave. Paid Holidays. Retirement: 401(k) - Employer Match. Employee Wellness.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- An MCSA/MCSE certificate or equivalent along with two years of experience OR four years of previous experience managing Windows Active Directory environments.
- Experience configuring and managing various Linux operating systems.
- An understanding of network concepts related to TCP/IP, Sub-netting and Routing, and VLANs along with experience managing networks.
- Previous experience managing various firewalls to properly secure network environments.
- Experience managing enterprise-level virtual environments along with SAN storage solutions.
- Experience managing various backup solutions along with planning strategies to meet RPOs and RTOs.
- Previous experience configuring and managing VOIP systems.
- The ability to diagnose and fix various issues related to end-user equipment.
Job Title: Systems Administrator
Department: Management Information Systems (MIS)
Reports to: MIS Supervisor
A. To accept and carry out, efficiently and effectively, responsibilities of this position.
B. To be familiar with Cooperative's policies, rules and regulations, and have general knowledge of utility operations.
C. To have thorough knowledge of and to promote, practice and assure adherence to all of Cooperative's established policies, rules and regulations.
D. To have thorough knowledge of the Cooperative's ownership philosophy and principles to include high quality member service.
E. To expedite all work assignments in an orderly and efficient manner.
F. To work with other MIS staff to provide efficient and effective information processing to all computer, network, mapping/GIS, AMR, and telecommunication users to assist in accomplishing the Cooperative's business requirements.
G. Manage the network system by coordinating the maintenance function, planning and implementing security, backup, recovery, disaster planning, capacity planning, and documentation.
II. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
- Reports to MIS Supervisor.
- Confers with, advises and informs:
- Director of System Engineering Confers and coordinates regarding all matters relative to fulfillment of his/her positions in the absence of MIS Supervisor.
- Remaining Executive Staff Confers and coordinates regarding matters of departmental operational concerns and information regarding scheduling and needs of PC or network maintenance or revisions.
- Technical Consultants Confers and coordinates regarding matters of Cooperative needs and scheduling of work. May assist and/or direct consultant(s) when necessary.
- Vendors Confers and coordinates concerning purchase, use, warranty, or other applicable issues of product for informational data systems.
A. Oversees planning, upgrade, and maintenance of the Cooperative's electronic data storage, transfer, and communication systems to achieve efficient and cost effective solution for data and voice input and retrieval needed for Cooperative's business. Specific areas to include but not limited to are:
- Local Area Network (LAN) and its various interfaces
- Automated Meter Infrastructure (AMI)
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- Consumer Information Systems (CIS)
- VOIP Telephony System
- Digital scanning system
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)/Mapping including GPS
- All other pertinent electronic data or voice systems necessary to conduct the Cooperative's business.
B. Develop, implement, and maintain recovery plans for system and data backup and restoration as needed to insure continuous Cooperative operations.
C. Assist MIS Supervisor to develop, implement, and maintain cybersecurity plans and policies to insure continuous Cooperative operations.
D. Assist MIS Supervisor with planning and budgeting.
E. Assist MIS Supervisor to devise, implement, and oversee use of policies for Cooperative informational system use and licensing.
F. Assist MIS Supervisor in planning for future requirements of Cooperative's data storage, transfer, computing and network resources.
G. Act as liaison with hardware and software vendors to insure continuity of service; correct hardware and software problems to maintain efficient network systems operations.
H. Oversee planning, implementation of network and server systems along with diagnosing and resolving network and server systems issues.
I. Analyze network and server equipment, research new technology and hardware to provide purchasing recommendations to MIS Supervisor and department heads.
J. Confer with and advise department heads regarding departmental needs and the use of technology to achieve cooperative business goals.
K. Maintain working knowledge of personal computers, Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), application software and hardware as they relate to the Cooperative.
L. Assist MIS Supervisor in utilizing cybersecurity monitoring tools to identify and remediate any vulnerabities in the security of cooperative networks and systems.
M. Serve as primary contact for workstations, printers, and networked peripheral devices.
N. Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex workstation problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
O. Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, networking hardware products, and software required by the cooperative to fulfill business goals.
P. Other duties, as assigned, from time to time.
IV. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Neatness, diplomacy, and ability to work with other employees and deal with general public. B. Ability to train other cooperative employees in fulfillment of their duties and assignments.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Associate degree in computer science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to lift (35) pounds to shoulder height.
- Finger dexterity, good color vision, good hearing, ability to do close work for extended periods, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and capacity to speak.
- Ability to perform under adverse conditions in emergency situations.
- Ability to travel.
IMPORTANT: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee also will perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. The cooperative reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities.