- 21-Jan-2020 to Until Filled (MST)
- Portland, OR, USA
- Full Time
McMillen Jacobs Associates has earned a reputation for outstanding Design/Build work with our customers around the world. We are currently seeking a highly qualified construction superintendent with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the field for heavy civil, structural concrete, and grading projects, initially located on a project outside of Portland, OR. Applicants should be extremely detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated and must have the ability to think out-of-the-box to find solutions to both routine and complex construction problems while continuing to push the project forward. We are looking for experienced concrete and mechanical Superintendents.
Prefer that applicants have experience on heavy civil projects including work around dams, hydro facilities, water/wastewater facilities, and fish hatcheries. Key attributes would include an understanding in dewatering, excavation, large diameter pipe installation, and complex concrete structures (either new build or restoration/renovation of existing structures).
- Enforce safety and quality control policies among employees and subcontractors to ensure the project runs smoothly and on schedule.
- Direct work-flow consistent with the project schedule and communicate project priorities to office staff and subcontractors.
- Maintain a daily diary of all activities and site conditions and manage the punch list and closeout process for the job.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all subcontractors and clients.
- Ensure accurate daily documentation of work orders/tickets and understand subcontractor scope of work to avoid unnecessary change orders.
- 10+ years of construction field superintendent experience in heavy civil industry
- Must have a great attitude and the ability to motivate team members on site
- Strong scheduling background
- Change management background
- Must have strong computer skills and should have experience in working on Microsoft Office related programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have experience working with scheduling software such as MS Projects, Primavera, or other applicable programs
- Continued employment after initial project requires travel 80% - 100% (company pays per diem for travel 70+ miles away)
McMillen Jacobs Associates is a full-service environmental, engineering, and construction firm in the water resources, hydropower, fisheries, transportation, and heavy civil underground markets. We are able to contribute to a project at the planning stage, navigate the regulatory requirements, develop a design, manage and self-perform construction, start-up, and commissioning.
McMillen Jacobs Associates is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.