- 31-Dec-2020 to 31-Mar-2021 (EST)
- Salem, NH, USA
- Year-Round - Part Time
The Grocery Department is at the heart of McKinnon's Markets and Super Butcher Shop, and you will assist in leading the team with your creativity, passion for the product, and quality driven leadership style. In conjunction with the Store Manager and Grocery Manager, you will be responsible for hiring, development, terminations and generally holding your team accountable for their work. The Assistant to the Grocery Manager is responsible for profitability, expense control, inventory control, buying and merchandising, regulatory compliance and special projects as assigned. Complete accountability for all aspects of team operations and perform all duties and responsibilities of team positions. We are looking for individuals who lead, not manage, work teams. You will be encouraged to run the Grocery department as if it was your own business (within certain guidelines of course).
1. Make sure the customers are being taken care of and the department looks great at all times. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delicious food.
2. Ensures a fresh and appealing display by checking codes, rotating products, and removing out-of-date products.
3. Maintains correct department signage and pricing.
4.Maintain case sets.
5. Price all merchandise.
6. Ensures that all shelves and displays are properly stocked and front-facing.
7. Maintain back stock in good order.
8. Follows and complies with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adheres to safe work practices.
9. Operates and sanitizes all grocery equipment in a safe and proper manner.
10. Answers department telephone calls and pages quickly and with excellent phone etiquette.
11. Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, or Supervisor.
Must be self-motivated and solution-oriented.
Excellent merchandising skills and eye for detail.
Able to lift up to 40lbs unassisted.
Able to meet physical requirements, requires reaching above and below shoulder height, constant walking, standing, bending, stooping and heavy lifting.
Ability to maintain good relationships with vendors and the community.
Good communicator and motivator; able to work well with others and convey enthusiasm.
Can train and inspire Associates to excellence in all aspects of the department.
Strong knowledge of grocery.
Is available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Knowledge of basic computer skills.