- 31-Dec-2020 to 01-Apr-2021 (EST)
- Salem, NH, USA
- Part Time
Your role as a Prepared Foods Cook you will cook and maintain attractive Prepared Foods displays and support the McKinnon's Prepared Foods vision. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Associates.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
1. Support the Kitchen Supervisor and Associate with all kitchen functions.
2. Prepare Kitchen products according to recipes.
3. Guides completion of daily prep lists and job assignments.
4. Keep all coolers and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly rotated.
5. Follow established food safety, cleaning and maintenance procedures.
6. Be aware of new products and recipes that become available.
7. Analyze and control product transfers, waste and spoilage.
8. Know and practice proper lifting techniques and safe use of all tools and equipment.
9. Practice proper care and maintenance of all equipment.
10. Report safety violations and hazards immediately; maintain department security.
11. Know product availability, preparation, storage and nutritional aspects.
12. Keep department leadership informed of all events that affect the Kitchen.
13. Ensure that product mix meets varied customer dietary needs and requests.
14. Accept and process product from Receiver.
15. Document product transfers, waste and spoilage using appropriate forms.
16. Ensure the quality, palatability and presentation of all in-house production.
17. Maintain high productivity levels.
18. Work with all production Associates to minimize waste.
19. Perform Associate duties as required to run the department.
20. Regular attendance is essential.
21. Perform other duties as assigned by Department Manager and Store Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Ability to work well within a team.
2. Able to lift up to 40lbs unassisted.
3. Able to meet physical job requirements.
4. Must have a passion for natural foods.
5. Able to communicate effectively with others and convey enthusiasm.
6. Possess some customer service experience.
7. Must be self-motivated and solution-oriented.
8. Is available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
9. Desire to learn all aspects of department.
10. Must have a current Serv-Safe certificate.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the team.