Summary: The McKee Group, a property management, home building, and real estate investment company, is seeking a talented and energetic individual who desires diversity in assignments and an opportunity for growth. The Project Manager assists the New Homes Division in the construction of McKee's new home communities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Producing and maintaining a schedule for all homes in accordance with settlement dates established.
- Conduct Buyer Orientation walks as directed.
- Scheduling municipal inspections and subcontractors.
- Guiding and directing trade contractors and suppliers. Assisting trade contractors with tasks when necessary. Understanding it is a team effort.
- Managing and maintaining quality as per McKee standards. Striving for no-defect construction.
- Scheduling all Municipal Authority Inspections needed to complete homes.
- Walking all unsettled homes every day to maintain schedule, quality, cleanliness, and readiness.
- Maintaining and enforcing safety regulations set forth by The McKee Group.
- Producing a daily log.
- Maintaining and enforcing all building code requirements.
- Walking sample homes to ensure 100% upkeep on a weekly basis.
- Placing goal to deliver homes on settlement day with no items on the punch list.
- Completing a house package for every home 100% complete at weekly review.
- Maintaining an organized construction office area with files, binders, etc. per McKee procedures.
- Maintaining workmanship in accordance with the Scope of Work produced by The McKee Group.
- Writing Purchase Orders for extras above contract up to amount specified by the Project Manager.
- Keeping site and houses 100% clean.
- Maintaining and updating construction documents on an ongoing basis.
- Assisting the Customer Service Manager in any and all matters, including but not limited to, walk-through, 60-day, and 10-months list.
- Supervise the work of McKee employees on site (Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, Pre-title, Laborer, etc.)
- Be available for Emergency Service Coverage upon request.
- Ordering materials and supplies and scheduling deliveries. Receiving, inspecting, and verifying all deliveries. Checking vendor's and trade contractor's invoices. Authorizing payment of these invoices.
- Notifying trade contractors and material suppliers far enough in advance to assure materials are delivered and trade contractors arrive on schedule.
- Performing and overseeing activities that may include excavation, demolition, carrying supplies and materials, setting up and breaking down workstations and scaffolding, minor carpentry, tool maintenance, punch list tasks, assisting trade contractors, etc.
- Installing all required postings per the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Manual.
- Installing and removing temporary sidewalks and stairwell railings. Installing all temporary protection (walks, tubs, lumber, etc.).
- Completing checklists per the SOP.
- Assisting with the Model Maintenance Program. Making repairs as necessary.
- Completing Pre-Title Checklist on every home per the SOP if directed.
Any Assistant Superintendent at assigned sites.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or a related field is a plus.
- 5 years of experience in new home construction is required.
General computer knowledge required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is conducted in cold, wet, dirty, hot, and uncomfortable conditions and weather; depending on the assignment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must possess a valid driver's license and a reliable form of transportation.