Summary: The McKee Group, a property management, home building, and real estate investment company, is seeking a talented and energetic individual who desires diversity in assignments and an opportunity for growth. The Maintenance Technician maintains and repairs the physical structures of the apartment buildings as well as interfaces with apartment tenants by responding to work orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Performs routine maintenance on building interior and exterior. This includes, but is not limited to, work in the following areas on an as-needed basis:
- Electrical work
- HVAC installation and repair
- Plumbing troubleshooting and repair
- Tile work
- Painting and spackling
- Appliance troubleshooting and repair
- Apartment turnover
- Boiler troubleshooting and repair
- Assist with cleaning of apartments and trash center
- Works with the Maintenance Technician Lead to contact and schedule vendors and contractors for necessary building repairs and emergencies that are outside the scope of routine maintenance.
- Responds to work orders or projects as designated by the Property Manager and Maintenance Technician Lead for repairs to tenant apartments and other issues in the building.
- Maintains a professional and service-based relationship with tenants and co-workers.
- Works safely and recognized unsafe situations. Takes appropriate action to ensure the safety of themselves and others in the building.
- Works on-call in a rotation with other Maintenance Technicians.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in building maintenance
- HVAC Experience and Licensed
- Familiarity with the Fair Housing Act a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is primarily conducted in apartment buildings.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical pairs, and vibration. Work may be performed in cold, wet, dirty, hot, and uncomfortable conditions and weather, depending on the assignment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, crouching, climbing, and lifting heavy items all day.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This individual must have a reliable form of transportation and possess a valid driver's license to travel between work sites. The use of an individual's own transportation may be required at times for transportation between work sites. Must also own a set of maintenance tools.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is the policy of McKee to provide equal opportunity in employment and to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, marital status, or any other legally protected class, trait, or characteristic.