- Cleveland, OH, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(K) match, Life Insurance, PTO
Who We Are:
Diversified Air Systems, a local leader in the engineering and servicing of industrial compressed air systems since 1979, is seeking qualified individuals to help with our rapid growth in the service field side of our business. Our primary mission is to provide the fastest and best compressed air service to our local customers (manufacturing companies, tool & die companies, stamping plants, etc.,) in the Northeastern Ohio market. Visit us at https://diversifiedair.com
The Shop/Shipping Assistant is responsible for keeping the shop clean, delivering equipment, helping with machine work in shop, back-up commercial industrial facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sweeping, emptying trash cans & keeping the shop organized.
• Pressure washing shop floors.
• Keeping bolt bins, tool room, wire rack and pipe fittings organized.
• Keep installation trailer clean and organized.
• Keep rental machine area clean & organized.
• Test run rental machines when they return from rent.
• Clean rental machines before they go out on rent.
• Pressure wash rental hoses.
• Track rental machine Preventative Maintenance needs.
• Place parts requisitions for rental units when service is needed.
• Paint rental compressor fittings & organize.
• Assist shipping person when shipping is backed-up.
• Cover shipping duties when shipping person is on vacation.
• Stock shelves with inventory when receiving is backed-up.
• Deliver new compressors, dryers & equipment to customers.
• Deliver rental compressor, dryers & equipment to customers.
• Deliver trucks to repair facility to have service done.
• Pick-up trucks from repair facility after service is done.
• Wash flatbed and other shop trucks & clean interiors
• Keep pressure washer and other cleaning equipment working.
• Lubricate pipe-threading equipment.
• Refill propane tanks for forklift.
• Organize scrap machines & deliver to the scrapyard when needed.
• Keep warranty part area clean & organized.
• Work with warranty person to find part that needs shipped.
• Deliver motors to the motor shop.
• Deliver parts orders to customers.
• Pick-up local parts for jobs/technicians.
• Get high-pressure gas cylinders refilled.
• Minor building repairs.
• Minor paint work.
• Shovel front sidewalks in the wintertime.
• Dispose of shipping pallets.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Continually required to stand
- Continually required to walk
- Continually required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Continually work near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally work in high, precarious places
- Occasionally work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
- Occasionally exposure to outside weather conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision; Distance vision; Color vision; Peripheral vision; Depth perception and ability to adjust focus
WHAT WE OFFER
Along with competitive compensation and career advancement opportunities, we offer a comprehensive total rewards package. Qualifying employees receive:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Company paid life and AD&D coverage
- Company paid short- and long-term disability coverage
- Voluntary benefit products
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Generous PTO allowances and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)