Mavis Discount Tire - IT Support Technician
Mavis Discount Tire has an immediate opening for a full-time IT Support Technician at our Operations Support Center in Millwood, NY. With over 825 retail locations, Mavis is one of the largest independently-held tire sales and automotive repair chains in the United States.
About the Position
We are looking for a candidate who will continually learn and grow with us. The ideal candidate should be willing to work outside of normal business hours to address emergency issues. The IT Support Technician will be part of a growing team of IT experts working to support and enhance the IT environments they manage. The person selected will help support our users and our network. Duties will include:
- Provide technical support to users of all company systems, including Windows, Microsoft Office, and miscellaneous third-party web applications.
- Support end-users in desktop, laptop, and thin-client environments
- Documents support incidents using our web-based tracking and ticketing system
- Properly and efficiently manage, prioritize and escalate issues across multiple systems
- Configures business equipment ahead of shipment to point of use, including computers, laptops, printers, peripherals, IP phones, IP cameras, credit card terminals, etc.
- Participates with the Enterprise IT Support Team in system support, network monitoring, incident response, projects, and other duties as assigned by the IT Support Manager.
Mavis recruits team members who share our commitment to meeting the needs of our growing customer base by providing exceptional customer care. To be eligible for the position of IT Junior Help Desk Technician, you must (1) be at least 18 years of age; (2) be legally authorized to work in the United States; (3) possess an AAS Degree in a technology field or equivalent related work experience and, (4) be available to work off-hours on-call service as well as weekends.
- Windows Server support and network troubleshooting, 1-year (preferred)
- Possess Intermediate experience supporting Windows 10 operating systems and workstation peripheral support; Microsoft Office and O365 applications; end-user email including spam and phishing concepts; remote assistance and desktop sharing tools
- Be experienced in supporting Windows Server operating systems including Active Directory and related file systems, user management, and Group Policy administration in an enterprise environment
- Be able to collect information efficiently over the phone, document problem detail accurately and record actions are taken into our online ticketing system
- Be able to properly execute well-documented processes as well as troubleshoot and problem solve with minimal guidance
- Be able to independently perform computer hardware and software installations
- Be able to work business hours during the week and up to one weekend day.
At Mavis, we understand that our people drive our success. We provide our team members with competitive weekly pay, a good working environment, and an excellent combination of additional benefits like health and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, paid vacations, paid personal and sick time, paid holidays, on-the-job training, and opportunities for career growth and advancement.
Mavis Discount Tire is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Consistent with our commitment to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all individuals, we enforce a zero-tolerance policy on discrimination at Mavis. Employment decisions are made without regard to an applicant's or employee's actual or perceived membership in any category or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Where appropriate, Mavis may provide reasonable accommodation, in order for an otherwise qualified individual to perform the essential functions of the position.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!