Mavis Tires & Brakes at Discount Prices- Automotive Assistant / Service Managers
Put your career into high gear with Mavis Tires & Brakes at Discount Prices! We're looking for a full-time Service Manager to join Team Mavis at one or our state-of-the-art automotive service and retail tire sales centers in the Deer Park, NY area. With over 825 retail locations throughout New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Delaware and Texas Mavis is one of the largest tire sales and automotive repair chains in the United States.
About the Position of Assistant Manager
The Assistant Manager is responsible for the efficient operation of the repair shop. The individual will be responsible for scheduling mechanics/technicians' work, ordering parts, ensuring the quality and timely completion of jobs exceeding customer expectations, the safety of personnel, and housekeeping of the shop. Candidates must be, knowledgeable of under-car repairs, alignments, tires, and exhaust systems, as well as, possess basic math and pc skills. Communicate safety and mechanical issues to the store manager to relate to the customer. Basic supervisory/leadership skills are also required to be fully effective in the role.
About the Position of Service Manager
The Service Manager is responsible for assisting customers with tire selections and under-car repair services needed. This is a sales-oriented position requiring prior sales experience in products/services requiring up-selling techniques. Knowledge of repairs and the automotive industry is a plus. Excellent interpersonal skills are required to be successful; as well as, outgoing, personable, and success-oriented.
HOW DO I KNOW IF A CAREER WITH MAVIS IS RIGHT FOR ME?
You'd be a great fit for the retail sales Assistant Store Manager position if you:
- like paid training and using proven processes to provide a best-in-class customer experience;
- are motivated by commissions/incentive compensation;
- value reliability, punctuality and teamwork;
- want to excite, engage and educate customers about product/service offerings;
- care about meeting customer-promised delivery times and providing quality service;
- are open to learning;
- want to work for a growing company that promotes from within; and,
- love working in a safe, state-of-the-art environment.
To be eligible for the retail sales Assistant Manager and Service Manager position you must:
- be at least 18 years of age;
- be legally authorized to work in the United States;
- have 1 year of experience, education, and/or training in retail sales and/or hospitality; and,
- be able to work 5 days each week.
WHY WILL I LOVE WORKING WITH MAVIS?
At Mavis, we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We value our team member's hard work and that's why we proudly offer you benefits and rewards to support your lifestyle and well-being. As a retail sales Assistant Store Manager, you can expect:
- a positive working environment;
- an excellent combination of fringe benefits, like health and dental insurance;
- a 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match;
- paid vacations;
- paid personal and sick time;
- paid holidays;
- paid on-the-job training; and,
- opportunities for career growth and advancement.
To learn more about working with Mavis, click here!
Get on the road to success at Mavis Tires & Brakes at Discount Prices. What are you waiting for? APPLY NOW!
Mavis is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Consistent with our commitment to the principal of equal employment opportunity for all individuals, we enforce a zero-tolerance policy on discrimination at Mavis. Employment decisions are made without regard to an applicant's or employee's actual or perceived membership in any category or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Where appropriate, Mavis may provide reasonable accommodation, in order for an otherwise qualified individual to perform the essential functions of the position. Mavis does not seek salary history information from applicants.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!