- Thomasville, PA, USA
- Commission Only
- Full Time
Sign on bonus, medical, dental and vision
Responsible for the sales of all current and new products to all accounts within a designated territory, ensuring customer satisfaction and fulfillment needs are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drives route truck to deliver product to the customer.
- Rotates stock on truck and in stores to ensure freshness and to comply with stale %.
- Communicates with store management to acquire additional displays and shelf space.
- Sells total product line.
- Effectively solicits new accounts.
- Sets up clean, neat product displays ensuring a good mix of product while adhering to store policies.
- Loads and unloads product.
- Maintains route book to log directions, stop sequence, and contacts.
- Maintains cleanliness of truck and equipment.
- Utilizes hand-held computer and handles cash for sales transactions.
- Prepares order forms and sales contracts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and;
- One-three months related experience and/or training or;
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute ratios and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out verbal or written instructions.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Characteristics of the work environment are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly sits, stands, walks, bends, stoops, kneels, squat, lifts, uses hands, arms and fingers to perform routine tasks.
- Have corrected vision to 20/40 or better.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and lift up to 10 pounds shoulder level and above. Employee must be able to push or pull up to 75-100 pounds of force.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Achieves assigned sales budget at least 10 out of 13 periods.
- Achieves assigned stales %.
- Takes initiative in gaining display space he/she needs, not just what the store gives.
- Sells new products effectively as requested.
- Sells new accounts effective as requested.
- Maintains a positive attitude at all times.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record
- Keeps all equipment & self, professional at all times.
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements or working conditions associated with the position. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the position or to increase or decrease the scope of the responsibilities of the position.