- MCBH, HI, USA
- 70000-90000 per year Depends on experience
- Full Time
Health benefits, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401K...etc.
Join our dynamic and fast growing team at Marathon Targets! If you prefer to be active and engaged with your work and not sitting behind a desk, this role may be for you! Marathon Targets designs, manufactures, and operates autonomous robotic target systems to provide the most realistic live fire training in the world. The targets address a fundamental training gap: the first time that shooters fire live ammunition at a realistic moving target is during a real firefight.
Benefits and perks:
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance (medical, dental & Vision)
- 401K with matching contribution
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
This role involves operating and maintaining the robotic targets in support of training.
Primary tasks include:
- Discussing training with instructors, translating trainer's intent into software scenarios which the robots can execute.
- Moving targets to the training location
- Range set-up: setting up communications equipment, surveying the range, clearing robot running areas of large debris.
- Running the targets during training and monitoring their state through the robot-control software.
- Adapting the target's behavior on the spot according to progress of trainees and real-time directions from instructors.
- Target maintenance and charging.
- Reporting on training activities and target usage.
- Coordinating with Marathon staff to facilitate improvements based on actual usage.
- Educating military personnel on the target's capabilities and limitations.
This role does not require any specific technical expertise, however a technical mindset and the ability to troubleshoot is essential. We will provide training in the particulars of operation/maintenance of the system.
- Candidates should have prior service with the US DoD/military
- Confidence operating computers
- A high mechanical aptitude and some basic experience with electrical debugging
- Ability to work in the field and a willingness to get hands dirty
- Must be able to move around on large training ranges for long durations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High Motivation - a go getter!
- Ability to work effectively without supervision
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and changing plans
- A willingness to occasionally work long hours and at night as needed
- Hold a valid driver's license
- Ability to travel interstate
The chosen candidate will undergo hands-on training alongside a Marathon Field Service Representative. Once the candidate is deemed competent, they will begin to run operations independently.
This position is Full-time