- Manhattan, MT, USA
- $20.00 to $25.00 depending on experience and qualifications.
- Full Time
Medical/health insurance, dental, vision, retirement plan with matching; short term disability, life insurance, paid holidays and paid time off.
Join Our Growing Team!
Plastic Design and Manufacturing (PDM) is actively recruiting for an Accounting Clerk to join our growing company!
PDM is seeking an enthusiastic and hard-working team member to join our rapidly growing company. Under the direction of the President and CFO, the position performs complex clerical, bookkeeping, and accounting assignments and prepares accounting statements and financial reports.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares financial reports and various accounting statements.
- Manages accounts payable and receivable using accounting software and other program.
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Researches customer discrepancies and past-due amounts.
- Enters vendor information into accounting software system; verifies that invoice information is entered correctly.
- Issues payments as approved.
- Ensuring bills are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to company procedures.
- Compares purchase orders, prices, terms of payment and other charges.
- Prepares monthly inventory control reports.
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Any combination of training, education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school with some accounting or bookkeeping related coursework.
- Successful work experience in accounts payable.
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office programs and software/database systems.
- Associate degree preferred.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
Note: If the applicant does not possess the above minimum qualifications, PDM may still consider the applicant if they have other qualifications (some combination of education, training, and professional experience) that renders the applicant a qualified candidate for this position.
The Ideal Candidate
- Requires regular and punctual attendance and reports to work fit for duty.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted during work.
- Understanding of bookkeeping practices and procedures.
- Ability to adhere to general financial accounting and cost accounting procedures and regulations.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and accounting software.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and effectively manage work flow.
- Ability and skill to work effectively as part of a team and contribute to the success of a team.
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Performs role in a highly ethical manner.
- Self-motivated with highly productive work results with effective time management skills.
- Team-oriented, cooperative and collaborative and ability to work effectively as part of a team and contribute to the success of a team.
Mental and Physical Demands
- Work requires sitting at desk/computer station and walking between departments and on the production concrete floor.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time, squat, stoop and bend in order to retrieve office materials and files from cabinets and shelves.
- Ability and skill in hearing within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- Possess hand and manual dexterity.
- Lifts up to 7 lbs. to 10 lbs. on an occasional basis and up to 25 lbs. on an infrequent/as need basis.
- Follow PDM safety work practices.
PDM offers employees the following benefits (eligibility periods apply):
- Medical Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Retirement Matching Plan
- Short-Term Disability insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
To Apply: Applicants must apply directly to the PDM Website, under Careers https://www.makeitplastic.com/
Plastic Design and Manufacturing is based in Southwest Montana in the town of Manhattan. We are situated right in the heart of the Rocky Mountains with endless opportunities for outdoor recreation, world class hunting and fishing, rock climbing, skiing, snowmobiling, and many more. The City of Bozeman is a short 20 minute drive and provides all the amenities of a big city. The Gallatin Valley provides something to fulfill the adventurous side for everyone.
Check us out! Makeitplastic.com