- Manhattan, MT, USA
- $60,000 to $80,000 annually based on qualifications and related experience.
- Full Time
Retirement plan with matching; dental, short term disability, vision, life insurance, paid holidays and paid time off.
Plastic Design and Manufacturing (PDM) is actively recruiting for a Controller to join our growing company!
PDM's mission is to provide customers the highest value for their plastic injection molding, tooling, and assembly needs. Founded in 1998, PDM has grown from a full-service consulting company into a multi-million dollar manufacturing company providing tooling and molding services for customers around the globe from our facilities in Montana, Mexico and Asia.
Reporting to the President and CFO, this is a new position that will manage the company's accounting operations as well as supports the leadership team with financial analysis for decision-making. The best-suited candidate is a self-starter, sees and seizes opportunities for continuous improvement and works diligently to deliver results with accountability and integrity.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and prepares timely internal and external financial statements including month end close process and various detailed analyses.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
- Works across departments as needed to define and implement continuous improvement initiatives by integrating and leveraging data, improving processes and incorporating common financial analysis tools into decision making.
- Supervises, manages and executes the operations of the Accounting Department, which includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll functions.
- Responsible for the ongoing development and implementation of accounting and financial processes and tools towards improved decision-making in a lean operations environment.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution.
- Successful experience working as a Controller in a corporate environment OR 5 years of accounting experience and progressive responsibility within a manufacturing environment.
- Successful experience working with a collaborative management team and supporting a positive work culture.
- Advanced experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office and database systems.
- Successful work experience as a Supervisor or Manager.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant.
- Experience with IQMS ERP software and cost accounting.
- Proven working experience as a Controller with a manufacturing background.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, GAAP, standard costing practices, tax codes and laws and general corporate procedures.
- Strong business acumen and business partnering skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and process-focused environment, driving for continuous efficiency and improvement.
- Demonstrates logic to communicate and persuades others to see benefits of recommendations and negotiate with individuals or groups to gain cooperation.
- Effective time management skills.
- Self-motivated with highly productive work results.
$60,000 - $80,000 annually based on qualifications and related experience.
For a complete job description, email: Diane@makeitplastic.com
PDM offers employees the following benefits (waiting time may apply):
- Retirement Plan
- Retirement Matching Plan
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
To Apply: Applicants must apply directly to the PDM Website, under Careers https://www.makeitplastic.com/ Applicants will need to submit a detailed letter of application which addresses how the applicant meets the qualifications listed above and a comprehensive resume.
Plastic Design and Manufacturing is based in Southwest Montana in the town of Manhattan. We are situated right in the heart of the Rocky Mountains with endless opportunities for outdoor recreation, world class hunting and fishing, rock climbing, skiing, snowmobiling, and many more. The City of Bozeman is a short 20 minute drive and provides all the amenities of a big city. The Gallatin Valley provides something to fulfill the adventurous side for everyone.
Check us out! Makeitplastic.com