- Manhattan, MT, USA
- $18.00 - $20.00 per hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Full Time
Retirement plan with matching; dental, short term disability, vision, life insurance, paid holidays and paid time off.
Join Our Growing Team!
Plastic Design and Manufacturing (PDM) is actively recruiting for an Inventory Management and Control Specialist!
Reporting to the Inventory Project Manager, this is a new position and has unlimited opportunities to grow with a rapidly growing company. Seeking an enthusiastic and hard-working team member who can take the initiative and design processes to better serve the company and customers we serve!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with optimizing warehouse utilization and inventory flow.
- Utilizes ERP System in order to successfully execute all daily aspects of the inventory operations.
- Assists the Inventory Project Manager with receiving, incoming and outgoing shipments and inventory.
- Works with the Scheduling and Inventory Manager and Inventory Project Manager to develop and implement strategic inventory/operational and service plans.
- Maintain inventory accuracy by conducting daily and weekly physical counts.
- Develop and implement new processes and reporting to improve inventory accuracy.
- Measure and manage 5S performance and develop, recommend and foster continuous process improvement strategies for more effective material flow.
- Investigate, analyze, and implement permanent corrective actions to inventory record accuracy problems.
- Develop and enhance inventory management analytics, tools, and reporting.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- A combination of graduation from high school and work experience to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Successful experience and application of strong statistical and analytical skills.
- Successful experience working in a lead or specialist role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency and experience working with Microsoft Office and database systems.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful experience warehouse inventory management.
- Ability to operate a Forklift in a safe manner.
- Previous experience in the manufacturing industry.
Note: If the applicant does not possess the above minimum qualifications, PDM may still consider the applicant if they have other qualifications (some combination of education, training, and professional experience) that renders the applicant a qualified candidate for this position.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Handles complex issues and problems and provides resolution.
- Requires regular and punctual attendance and reports to work fit for duty.
- Ability and skill to work effectively as part of a team and contribute to the success of a team.
- Takes initiative and remains diligent in completing tasks and an awareness of what needs to be done without supervisor direction or guidance.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter with highly productive work results.
- Posses multi-tasking skills and the ability to be adaptable and flexible for work that requires changing work demands for completion of projects and assignment.
- Takes pride in cleanliness and an orderly workplace/warehouse.
- Ability to work independently with or without direct supervision.
Mental and Physical Demands
- Performs work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to stand and walk on a concrete floor for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Ability to push and pull a pallet jack.
- Push and pull and maneuver cardboard bins and pallets that 1,200 -1,500 pounds across a warehouse.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to distinguish different color and size.
- Ability to lift up to 50 - 60 pounds on a regular basis.
- Follow PDM safety work practices.
PDM offers employees the following benefits (waiting time may apply):
- Retirement Plan
- Retirement Matching Plan
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
Shift: Day Shift (hour to be determined when hired)
To Apply: Applicants must apply directly to the PDM Website, under Careers https://www.makeitplastic.com/
Applications received by June 23, 2021 will be given first consideration.
Plastic Design and Manufacturing is based in Southwest Montana in the town of Manhattan. We are situated right in the heart of the Rocky Mountains with endless opportunities for outdoor recreation, world class hunting and fishing, rock climbing, skiing, snowmobiling, and many more. The City of Bozeman is a short 20 minute drive and provides all the amenities of a big city. The Gallatin Valley provides something to fulfill the adventurous side for everyone.
Check us out! Makeitplastic.com