- Manhattan, MT, USA
- $17.00 to $19.00 depending on experience and qualifications.
- Full Time
401(k) and 401(k) matching; dental, short term disability, vision, life insurance., paid holidays and paid time off.
Join Our Growing Team!
Plastic Design and Manufacturing (PDM) is actively recruiting for an Inventory and Shipping Associate to join our growing company!
PDM is seeking an enthusiastic and hard-working team member to join our rapidly growing company. The Inventory and Shipping Associate will play an important role in the warehouse and shipping operation of PDM by managing inventory, receiving, storing, and distributing and handling materials.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support daily work procedures for supplying production shifts.
- Assist with optimizing warehouse utilization and inventory flow.
- Utilizes ERP System in order to successfully execute all daily aspects of the inventory operations.
- Manage pallet storage and cleanup.
- Maneuver cardboard bins and pallets using a pallet jack.
- Prepare Gaylords (cardboard bins) to be wrapped and shipped.
- Assist the Shipping and Receiving Manager with receiving, incoming and outgoing shipments and inventory.
- Organizes warehouse for efficient storage and material distribution.
- Maintain warehouse, loading dock, storage containers and back dock by removing hazards, cleanliness and maintaining organization.
- Focus on continuous improvement in processes and procedures
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Any combination of training, education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school.
- Successful experience working in a warehouse type environment performing inventory or shipping responsibilities.
- Advanced proficiency and experience working with Microsoft Office and database systems. Successful experience operating a forklift in safe manner.
- Successful experience in Warehouse and Inventory Management.
- Current certification in Forklift operation.
- Successful experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) computing systems. IQMS experience would be a bonus.
- Previous experience in manufacturing industry.
Note: If the applicant does not possess the above minimum qualifications, PDM may still consider the applicant if they have other qualifications (some combination of education, training, and professional experience) that renders the applicant a qualified candidate for this position.
The Ideal Candidate
- Requires regular and punctual attendance and reports to work fit for duty.
- Ability and skill to work effectively as part of a team and contribute to the success of a team.
- Takes initiative and remains diligent in completing tasks and an awareness of what needs to be done without supervisor direction or guidance.
- Takes pride in cleanliness and an orderly workplace/warehouse.
- Possess multi-tasking skills and the ability to be adaptable and flexible for work that requires changing work demands for completion of projects and assignments.
- Ability to work independently with or without direct supervision.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter with highly productive work results.
Mental and Physical Demands
- Ability to stand and walk on a concrete floor for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Ability to push and pull a pallet jack.
- Push and pull and maneuver cardboard bins and pallets that 1,200 -1,500 pounds across a warehouse.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to distinguish different color and size.
- Ability to lift up to 50 - 60 pounds on a regular basis.
- Follow PDM safety work practices.
PDM offers employees the following benefits (waiting time may apply):
- Retirement Plan
- Retirement Matching Plan
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
Shift: Day Shift (to be determined when hired)
To Apply: Applicants must apply directly to the PDM Website, under Careers https://www.makeitplastic.com/
Plastic Design and Manufacturing is based in Southwest Montana in the town of Manhattan. We are situated right in the heart of the Rocky Mountains with endless opportunities for outdoor recreation, world class hunting and fishing, rock climbing, skiing, snowmobiling, and many more. The City of Bozeman is a short 20 minute drive and provides all the amenities of a big city. The Gallatin Valley provides something to fulfill the adventurous side for everyone.
Check us out! Makeitplastic.com