- Manhattan, MT, USA
- $50,000 to $60,000 DEQ
- Full Time
401(k) and 401(k) matching; dental, disability, vision and life insurance; paid time off, professional development assistance and tuition reimbursement.
Join Our Growing Team!
We're looking for Shift Supervisor to join our growing team of committed and innovative team members.
Plastic Design and Manufacturing (PDM) is a growing Injection Molding and tooling company based in Manhattan Montana that offers its employees competitive pay, benefits, and opportunity. PDM is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team that has plastics-based experience and education. PDM is a privately owned company. PDM salaries are commensurate with experience and responsibility and we highly value our team members.
PDM is looking for a talented and dedicated self-starter to join our growing team. The Shift Supervisor is directly responsible for organizing and overseeing shift operators and technicians, equipment and production processes. This position is the front-line for the production management team and the Shift Supervisor's primary concern is keeping the production line operating to standard and maintaining a Safe, Clean, Well Organized and High-Performance work environment.
This position will serve as the Third Shift Supervisor with shift start time beginning at 11:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors and improve molding operations, efficiencies, utilization and products quality.
- Utilizes IQMS reporting system for variances to standard and corrective measures.
- Maintains quality levels to standard using ISO 9000 & 13485 guidelines with Quality personnel.
- Reads and interprets daily schedule, assign & monitor operators, record production.
- Reads and understands B.O.M. sheets, 2d drawings.
- Makes personnel decisions and administer discipline that is consistent with company policy.
- Follows training procedures for all new employees.
- Identifies problems and carries out solutions for machine, mold, material, or procedural problems to include physically performing the job task when necessary.
- Works on continuous improvement and LEAN processes for all the above.
- Evaluates employees regularly and communicate their performance.
- Communicates effectively with Plant Manager.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent experience preferred.
- Three to five years of successful supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Two to three years of successful experience in Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Injection molding experience is a plus.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical manuals.
- Ability to use and apply math skills.
- Ability to stand and walk on a concrete floor for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to bend, lift overhead and push and pull movements as required by the job task being performed at any given time during a scheduled work shift.
- Manual manipulation of machines.
- Ability to distinguish different color and size.
- Lift up to 7 lbs. on a frequent and continuous basis and up to 30 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs. on infrequent/as need basis.
- Ability to work at a production conveyor line.
- Able to push, pull, bend and twist on a repetitive basis.
- Possess hand dexterity.
- Ability to work a production conveyor line.
- Read and interpret work orders and engineering prints
PDM offers employees the following benefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
Plastic Design and Manufacturing is based in Southwest Montana in the town of Manhattan. We are situated right in the heart of the Rocky Mountains with endless opportunities for outdoor recreation, world class hunting and fishing, rock climbing, skiing, snowmobiling, and many more. The City of Bozeman is a short 20-minute drive and provides all the amenities of a big city. The Gallatin Valley provides something to fulfill the adventurous side for everyone.
Check us out! Makeitplastic.com