- Auburn, NY, USA
- Full Time
Mack Studios is a global, award-winning, full-service design/build company located in Auburn, NY. We have been delivering creative display solutions to customers around the world for over 50 years. The company is renowned for its vision, quality, efficiency, and customer-focus. As a result, Mack Studios, Inc. has successfully partnered with many leading retailers and brand merchandisers to create innovative shopping experiences!
We pride ourselves on exceptional design capabilities, rapid prototyping, rollouts, logistics, and warehousing capabilities. The organization is a versatile and collaborative full-service firm bustling with creativity.
We are seeking a Full-time experienced Welder to join our team!
- Read blueprints and drawings and take measurements to prepare plan layout and procedure.
- Set-up, lay-out, square-up and tack-up of various weldments.
- Operate appropriate equipment to construct mechanical structures or parts and to prepare necessary components for welding.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on plan specifications and welding requirements.
- Set up fixture for welding operations.
- Weld both vertical and horizontal plane geometry.
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces.
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to ensure quality and adherence to design specifications/codes.
- Operate and maintain equipment to ensure safety standards are met.
- Seek opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Prior experience as a welder with the ability to demonstrate skills/ability.
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MIG, grinding, sanding, etc.)
- Experience using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents/drawings
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work in accordance with safety standards and adhere to all required safety regulations (i.e., protective gear)
- Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus
Excellent benefit package and working environment.