- 26-Aug-2021 to 25-Oct-2021 (PST)
- Spokane Valley, WA, USA
- Full Time
Continuous improvement environment, opportunity to help solve a variety problems, 401(K) with company match, subsidized health, dental and vision insurance, interesting work, plenty of room for growth!
Perform complex setup and operation of complex existing jobs and intermediate new jobs on CNC mills (Mori Seiki Duraturn 3 axis vertical w/ rotary 4th) to produce parts to required specifications. In addition perform to mid to advanced level programming in GibbsCAM.
- Operate CNC & Manual Mills, Lathes and EDM; load and unload raw material and machined parts with a close attention to detail
- Perform set up of repeat jobs and new jobs on CNC machines per setup sheets and provided documentation
- Independently perform programming of basic to advanced level jobs in GibbsCAM
- Accurately perform complex program changes as required and modify tool paths of a complex nature in CAM systems while following procedure for documenting program changes
- Ability to effectively setup and run multiple machines simultaneously; optimizing machining hours
- Perform setup of machines for less skilled operators, acting as a mentor and trainer to share your knowledge and answer questions
- Advanced understanding of blue print diagrams including features and dimensions; precise interpretation of GD&T
- Perform timely, detailed visual inspection of machined parts utilizing magnification to identify workmanship and cosmetic issues at the beginning of a part run
- Perform inspection and measurement utilizing micrometers, calipers, height gauges, CMM other appropriate inspection methods and tools to ensure machined part dimensions, features and tolerance requirements are met per print specification
- Perform set up of any job, up to the most complex jobs, on CNC machines per setup sheets and provided documentation
- Follow all paperwork and documentation procedures including but not limited to: tie-in log notes, setup sheets, QA sheets and routing cards
- Ensure communication flow down of pertinent detail on all jobs utilizing any means necessary; verbal, team meeting, taking notes, updating setup sheets and logs, etc.
- Perform job tear downs; removing tools, updating setup sheets, returning materials to proper location
- Maintain high regard for quality of workmanship and compliance to customer requirements
- Maintain cooperative attitude and willingness to learn
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
- Overtime and shift changes may be required as business needs demand
- Comply with all quality requirements while continually maintaining and improving the effectiveness of MacKay's quality management system
- Implement daily practices of Lean such as 5S, continuous improvement, and contribute to ongoing process efficiency
- Support and participate in department goals as well as company goals
- Look for opportunities to learn and share your knowledge and skills
- Punctual attendance; at your work area at shift start
- Treat others with respect and maintain a professional attitude
- Be honest in all dealings
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 or more years CNC Operator experience with demonstrated ability to set up complex, repeat jobs
- 1 or 2 year machining technology certificate/degree required or equivalent experience
- Intermediate knowledge of CNC machine capabilities, controls, G&M code, material properties, set-up techniques
- Precision utilization of inspection equipment including but not limited to micrometers, calipers, height gauges, magnification, CMM
- Advanced understanding of blue print dimensions and features; advanced knowledge of GD&T
- Strong desire, willingness and ability to grow yourself and learn from others, while sharing your knowledge with others and building good relationships with peers
- Intermediate computer navigation and software skills including Word, Excel and Visual manufacturing
Physical Demands, Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, requirements and specifications. Ability to write instructional notes and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and participate in discussions with groups of peers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra, geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as tolerance, fractions, and other measurements.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions for verificatoin. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instruction in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds while performing machining and setup work. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch.