- 04-May-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Employee Services
- Boca Raton, FL, USA
- Full Time
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
Lynn is one of the top colleges to work for in the nation, according to a survey by the Great College to Work For program. We are an Honor Roll institution with accolades in 10 categories, including compensation and benefits, confidence in senior leadership, job satisfaction and support, and teaching environment.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of HR generalist.
The HR Generalist role partners with colleges and divisions to provide consultation and support, sharing tools and solutions that support the university's culture and desired outcomes. In addition to fulfilling a wide range of talent management functions for individual units, this role also is responsible for developing and overseeing HR programs on a campus-wide basis as required to meet university needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with colleges and divisions to provide ongoing HR consult and support, sharing tools and solutions that support the university's culture and desired outcomes. This includes but is not limited to the following
- Develop and refine HR strategies to support changing organizational needs;
- Leverage HRIS systems to support operational needs;
- Support department recruitment and onboarding efforts for regular and contingent workers;
- Partner with unit leaders on assessment of talent, succession planning and key talent movements;
- Maintain a positive work environment through performance management and effective resolution of employee relations issues;
- Develop and deliver training programs to address identified needs;
- Perform compensation reviews to make appropriate pay recommendations;
- Facilitate faculty and administrative contract processes;
- Manage immigration cases for university sponsored individuals;
- Manage the leave process for assigned areas;
- Respond appropriately to worker compensation claims and state re-employment assistance requests;
- Communicate in a timely manner to ensure employees, supervisors, and other stakeholders receive appropriate service and accurate information regarding policies and procedures.
- Develop campus-wide programs and initiatives for subject matter areas such as employee onboarding, recruitment, training, employee recognition and engagement, performance management, risk management, student employment, immigration, contract management and/or other areas as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of current HR regulations and requirements in an organizational setting.
- High attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including excellent verbal and written communication, active listening, and conflict resolution abilities.
- Ability to present in a clear, concise and articulate manner.
- Skilled at efficiently and effectively solving problems both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute multiple projects.
- Ability to learn and apply institutional policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- At least three (3) years' strong HR generalist or HR Business Partner experience with a comprehensive working knowledge of talent management, employee relations, employment law, and regulatory compliance. Higher ed experience preferred.
- Experience presenting to large groups in a formal setting.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Workday experience preferred.
- PHR/SPHR of SHRM Certification preferred.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, firstname.lastname@example.org, or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn University
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport