About Lucira Health
Lucira Health is a medical technology company focused on the development and commercialization of transformative infectious disease test kits. We have developed a testing platform that produces centralized-laboratory-accurate molecular testing in a single-use and consumer-friendly test kit that is powered by two AA batteries and fits in the palm of a hand. Our LUCIRA Check It (OTC) and LUCIRA COVID-19 All-In-One Test Kit (Rx) are designed to provide a clinically relevant COVID-19 result within 30 minutes from sample collection.
As a Laboratory Technician at Lucira Health Inc., you will be working with technical teams on the development of several molecular assays. The position will aid Research Associates and Scientist on the team with reagent preparation and assay setups as well as data analysis and presentation of results to the scientific team. You will be a vital part of the Lucira Health team with key contributions to new product development and many opportunities for learning and growth.
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of developed processes on benchling.
- Generate and maintain sterile stocks of molecular buffers and reaction mixes.
- Assist with the procurement of supplies and general laboratory maintenance.
- Perform reaction setup of molecular assays to include pipetting, PCR and DNA/RNA purification within a BSL2 environment under GXP and safety regulations.
- Have familiarity working in regulated environment within a quality system and understand the importance of good documentation practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong work ethic, drive, and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Work well cross-functionally with other teams at Lucira Health including engineering, integration, warehouse, and quality teams.
- Drive to want to thrive both individually and in a team environment.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Genetics and have demonstrated technical experience and competence.
- Previous academic or industry experience in a scientific laboratory is required.
- 1+ year experience with molecular biology techniques.
- Experience with PCR, real-time PCR, DNA and RNA purification, and fLAMP assays is a plus.
- Experience with molecular biology assays.
Lucira Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law.