About Lucira Health
Lucira Health is a medical technology company focused on the development and commercialization of transformative infectious disease test kits. We have developed a testing platform that produces centralized-laboratory-accurate molecular testing in a single-use and consumer-friendly test kit that is powered by two AA batteries and fits in the palm of a hand. Our LUCIRA Check It (OTC) and LUCIRA COVID-19 All-In-One Test Kit (Rx) are designed to provide a clinically relevant COVID-19 result within 30 minutes from sample collection.
Location: Encinitas, CA
The Director/Sr. Director, Communications will have a leadership role with a global scope and will be responsible to create and tell the brand story of Lucira Health to consumers, healthcare providers, investors, and employees. We have a game-changing product and platform that could transform healthcare. This position will tell the world how that transformation can improve their lives and why our company and its products should be trusted to lead us there.
An ideal candidate is someone who has successfully driven a company or brand to become a household name, have experience in consumer, investor, and internal communications, and you have proven leadership and cross-functional collaboration skills.
The Director/Sr. Director, Communications will have a particular focus on integrating a communication strategy across functions and channels in support of the commercial business, as well as, provide communication expertise on various initiatives aligned with marketing and sales strategies, company vision and business priorities. This position will report to and be a thought-partner with the Chief Revenue Officer.
In this role the Director/Sr. Director, Communications will:
- Support Lucira's mission by partnering with the commercial and executive leadership teams to establish all short-and-long term corporate affairs and communications strategic plans
- Own Lucira's global communications strategy
- Provide execution planning for these strategies, including in some cases direct executional support and in some cases leadership of agency or contractor resources
- Create informative and interesting press releases, press kits, newsletters and related materials
- Create, direct, and execute our strategic content and communications plan that map to brand, customer awareness, engagement, acquisition and growth strategies
- Grow our thought leadership presence in collaboration with the executive team and external experts
- Create and lead execution of corporate communications, including town halls and company announcements
- Work closely with HR leadership to help develop programs to continuously strengthen our employer brand by supporting recruiting programs with content development to fuel candidate pipelines
- Collaborate with Digital and eCommerce, Product Marketing, International Marketing and other commercial leaders in the organization to ensure all external communications and materials tell our story in a consistent voice and style
- Develop clear and compelling short-and long-term communications plans in collaboration with cross-functional partners
- Develop your communications budget, metrics, and measurement program for all initiatives
- Bias toward action when faced with uncertainty or a new challenge
- Excited about solving complex problems that will improve people's health around the world
- Resourceful and skillfully leverage internal and external networks and build new connections and relationships to reach business goals
- Value diversity and inclusion and strive to create a respectful, open, and fun environment at work
- Bachelor's degree: MBA, Master's degree in communications, marketing, or life sciences, preferred
- 10+ years of Corporate Affairs in a biopharma, healthcare, medical technology, or similar science-led, regulated industry included demonstrated functional leadership
- Demonstrated excellence in strategic public relations, employee communications and in strategic communications planning
- Track record of building relationships with top-tier media with demonstrated expertise in storytelling
- Clear understanding on how to strategically navigate media from broadcast to print as well as engaging in social media platforms
- Prior experience steering successful corporate reputation and employee engagement communications strategies globally across traditional and digital formats
- Leverage employee voices to drive corporate culture and external reputation
- Accountable for the success of communications programs and expect the same from your team
Lucira Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local law.