About Lucira Health
Lucira Health is a medical technology company focused on the development and commercialization of transformative infectious disease test kits. We have developed a testing platform that produces centralized-laboratory-accurate molecular testing in a single-use and consumer-friendly test kit that is powered by two AA batteries and fits in the palm of a hand. Our LUCIRA Check It (OTC) and LUCIRA COVID-19 All-In-One Test Kit (Rx) are designed to provide a clinically relevant COVID-19 result within 30 minutes from sample collection.
The Scientist will be responsible for the design, development, and clinical evaluation of new assays for infectious disease testing on the Lucira Health rapid molecular test platform. This role plays a vital part of the Lucira Health team, with key contributions to design, develop, and validate new products.
- Experience in designing and performing molecular assays, such as nucleic acid amplification assays like qPCR and operating lab instruments such as thermocyclers, sequencers, plate readers, liquid handlers, etc.
- Experience with nucleic acid analysis techniques such as gel electrophoresis, capillary electrophoresis, and sequencing
- An understanding of different DNA detection modalities such as molecular beacons, intercalating dyes, etc.
- Solid understanding of molecular biology, microbiology, and/or biochemistry
- Experience with drafting GXP-compliant SOPs, validation protocol and technical reports
- Experience working with internal quality groups and outside partners (CROs, CMs, Regulatory, Quality) desirable
- 2+ years experience solving challenges in molecular biology and/or complex multi-step assays
- Experience in the analysis and interpretation of large data sets preferred
- Experience in molecular diagnostics strongly preferred
- Highly organized with attention to detail in documentation
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- A strong work ethic and drive
- Excellent time management and organizational skills tailored for collaborative teamwork with engineering, product integration, and quality teams
- A desire to thrive both individually and in a team environment
- Master's Degree with 4+ years of industry/research experience, or PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, or microbiology or related field + demonstrated technical experience
Lucira Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local law.