Representing more than 333 credit unions with more than $120+ billion in assets and more than 10.1 million members, the League of Southeastern Credit Unions & Affiliates (LSCU) is the trade association for Alabama, Florida, and Georgia credit unions. We provide advocacy, compliance support, education, training, and information with relevant services and business strategies to support our members in fulfilling their mission. LEVERAGE, the for-profit affiliate of the LSCU, provides best-in-class products and services for credit unions across the country.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Staff Auditor (part-time) will perform highly technical audits and various other auditing functions.
WHAT YOU'LL TAKE OWNERSHIP OF:
- Accurately and thoroughly analyze credit union operations and procedures by performing highly technical audits and management analysis.
- Schedule and perform audit work individually or as team audit member based on assignment by supervisor.
- Inform and guide credit union employees, officers, and committee persons of their duties and responsibilities and the best way to accomplish them.
- Assist credit unions, upon request, with technical problems.
- Keep record of work activities and submit required reports to League office including a summary of contacts, expense reports, and report of activities in assigned area.
- Maintain relationships with federal and state supervisory agencies.
- Conduct or assist in conducting workshops, conferences, and training sessions for credit union personnel, supervisory committees and Board members.
- Promote other League programs whenever possible.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Provide sales referrals to Business Development Consultants based on credit union needs.
NEED TO HAVES:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited four-year institution preferred.
- Six to twelve months' general accounting experience with knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and methods.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to state/federal credit unions and the ability to detect violations and non-compliance of state/federal rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of office procedures and the operation of standard office machines and equipment.
- Ability to work effectively in a Microsoft Office environment; proficiency in Word and Excel is required.
- Ability to evaluate accounting problems and recognize deficiencies in credit union operations.
- Ability to present clear and concise reports, in both oral and written formats.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with associates and officials of various organizations.
- Ability to deal with controversial matters in a tactful manner.
- Possession of initiative, resourcefulness and good judgment.
- CUCE and BSACS designations preferred; must be obtained within 24 months.
- Willing to further education through degrees or certifications
- Knowledge and understanding of history, development, and philosophy of credit union movement
- Extensive travel with over and multiple night stays.
- Valid Driver's License required.
- Airline travel is a job requirement.
The LSCU & Affiliates is proud to be an equal opportunity employer offering a team member-centric culture and competitive salaries.
*Employment offers are contingent on drug-screen and background check.