- Odessa, TX, USA
- Full Time
Benefits include medical, vision and dental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, company paid life insurance and paid time off for full time employees.
Operator: Andrews Pole Line
Lone Star Corporation is searching for an Operator to work with our Line Crews. Operator is responsible for assisting in install, repair and maintain overhead and underground electrical power lines and auxiliary equipment. Looking for a full time candidate with strong worth ethic that takes pride in their work so that can ensure quality work is completed in a safe and timely manner.
- Assist the lineman is the various aspects of line maintenance, repair and construction.
- Prepare and assemble various line apparatus required for particular work being performed.
- Keep work areas clean and organized. Pickup scrap wire, boxes, and other discarded materials.
- Communicate with power plant dispatch regarding opening/closing and tagging/un-tagging of circuits while work is being performed.
- Assist with using and maintaining protective equipment (hot sticks and rubber goods).
- Use of various hand and power tools.
- Assist with loading of various materials onto trucks and/or trailers.
- May be required to assist lineman in second bucket while working on lines.
- Prepare pole mount transformers and assist with installation.
- Assemble conduit and place in trench.
- Assist with installation of various underground apparatuses.
- Assist with pulling wire.
- Must be knowledgeable with the materials needed and process to strip and terminate underground cables.
- Ability to perform duties involving prolonged standing, sitting, crouching and/or stooping. Ability to push, pull, and position tools, equipment, and structural material weighing in excess of 100 pounds.
- Ability to accurately read and record meter data.
- Operates boom, bucket trucks and other heavy equipment requiring a valid Texas CDL
- Comply to all company policies and procedures
- Any other duties as assigned
- Maintain an Apprentice Electrical License
- Must have valid CDL
- Must be able to pass drug test
- Prefer 1 years' experience
- Open availability and must be willing to travel as work is subject to stand-by, pre-arranged and/or call-out duty
Benefits include medical, vision and dental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, company paid life insurance and paid time off. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
About Lone Star Corporation
Lone Star prides itself on the reputation that it has built providing instrumentation and electrical installation and maintenance for a wide variety of heavy industrial markets. Our 100% commitment to customer satisfaction ensures that our clients have a competitive advantage on all of their electrical projects. Our goal is to improve value without sacrificing quality, reliability or excellent service. Quality work demands quality people so apply today!