- Missoula, MT, USA
- DOE plus bonus potential
- Full Time
Bonus potential, health, dental, vision and disability insurance, company-paid life/AD&D insurance, 401K company match, paid holidays, and accrued paid time off.
Location: Corporate Office
Status: Full Time, Salaried (OT Exempt)
Reports To: Vice-President
This position directly supports the organization by ensuring financial stability and by providing top management with key financial information that ultimately impacts business decisions. In addition, the Controller leads the Accounting Department and is ultimately responsible for all outputs.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 5-10 years' experience in accounting/finance
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
Additional knowledge/experience desired:
- CPA license preferred
- LIHTC experience a plus, but not required
All position responsibilities are to be conducted or completed in a timely manner, within established deadlines, and with the greatest accuracy possible. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and maintain cash flow
- Approve and review financial reports/statements, including budget preparations/comparisons
- Assist in preparation of corporate tax returns
- Prepare investor reports
- Prepare insurance analysis
- Review payroll returns
- Respond to owner's needs as required
- Reconcile accounting hardware and software issues
- Act as a team player and leader, demonstrate initiative and interpersonal skills to promote and maintain successful team relations and outcomes
- Respond to direct reports' inquiries
- Provide guidance in direct reports' day to day activities as required
- Participate in hiring and termination proceedings
- Participate in direct reports' performance evaluations
- Assist direct reports in setting goals and/or objectives and holding them accountable for the same
- Other duties as assigned
Required work behaviors:
- Spirited initiative and resourcefulness
- Entrepreneurial approach
- Remover of barriers
- Results focused
- 90% office work (meetings, phone, computer, etc.)
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be insurable for company vehicles.
- Standard vision, with or without corrective eyewear.
- Standard hearing, with or without a hearing aid.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds, approximately 3 times per week.
Pay and Benefits:
- Schedule: Full-time
- Benefits: Bonus potential; health, vision, life and disability insurance; matching 401K; paid holidays and accrued paid time-off
- paid time-off
Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates must pass pre-employment background and credit check. This company participates in E-Verify.
Please complete our fast, easy online application at https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/leasehighland/jobs/1628215-304441.
Summit Management Group, Inc. is the parent company of a growing family of companies headquartered in beautiful Western Montana. We specialize in Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) developments, with mixed-income units joining our portfolio in 2018. To date, Summit has built, been awarded, or has under construction 32 LIHTC properties (1,646 units) spanning Colorado, Montana, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming. Summit's family of companies are involved in all aspects of development, including site selection, finance and investor relations (Summit Housing Group, Inc.), construction (Summit Construction Group, Inc.), and on-going property management (Highland Property Management, Inc.). Our continued growth and success is made possible by our great staff and dynamic partnerships with institutions and organizations working together to ensure quality affordable housing throughout the US.