- 07-Nov-2022 to Until Filled (MST)
- Teacher Education & Mathematics
- 69000-71000 per year
- Full Time
93 percent employer paid medical, vision, and dental insurance for employees and dependents; Generous tuition discount which includes $5 per credit for employees and spouses, as well as 50 percent off of tuition for dependent children up to age 26; 12 days sick leave and up to 4 weeks vacation leave per year; 12 paid holidays; 8 weeks paid parental leave; A generously matched retirement; A free onsite fitness facility with a strong wellness program that allows LC State employees to live healthy, balanced lives; and more. Join the LC State community today!
LC State invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Teacher Education and Mathematics at LC State's Coeurd'Alene Campus.
Salary and rank based on experience and qualifications: $69,000 - $71,000 (12-month position)
- Earned Doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction or a closely related field from a regionally accredited college/university (ABD considered)
- Experience in K-8 education.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver online courses.
- Experience teaching pedagogy in a teacher education program and supervising student interns.
- Potential for scholarship demonstrated by publications, presentations, or grants.
- Active in relevant professional organizations.
LC State's Coeur d'Alene campus seeks applicants for a Teacher Education Generalist position in its Teacher Education and Mathematics Division. Successful candidates are innovative, creative, and engaging faculty who wish to join a team that works collaboratively to develop and deliver an outstanding program.
Teach 24 adjusted credit hours per academic year as assigned by Division Chair (teaching assignments may include online instruction); be actively involved in relevant professional organizations; develop a record of publications, presentations, and grants; supervise dual credit instructors; work collaboratively with students, faculty, and staff. Promote LC State teacher education programs in northern Idaho, and work with local school districts in that area to partner as internship sites. Advise and guide students through course selection and program requirements to progress to student teaching.
Application Procedure: Please upload all of the following documents, or your application may not be considered for review
- Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information or Letters for three (3) Professional References
- Unofficial Transcripts Due at the Time of Interview (Official Transcripts requested upon hire)
This position is open until filled; however, applications received on or before January 15, 2023, will receive first consideration. Posting will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check and may also be subject to an education verification. LC State is an EEO/AA/VETS employer.