- 24-Aug-2022 to Until Filled (MST)
- Public Works
- Layton, UT, USA
- Part Time
Monday - Thursday 7:00 - 5:00 and every other Friday 8:00 - 5:00 up to 29 hours per week.
Performs a variety of apprentice level skilled duties related to the construction, installation, maintenance and repair of city streets, alleys and related roadways.
- Promotes and follows the City's mission statement, values and expectations.
- Operates specialized heavy equipment such as single & tandem axle dump trucks, road graders, cats/bulldozers, front‑end loaders, backhoe, bucket trucks, snow plow and other similar equipment in the construction, maintenance and repair of various street department projects and sites.
- Operates light equipment such as sweepers, mowers, street vacuum, rollers, cement mixers, pick‑ups, tractors, forklifts, spreaders, and various hand and power tools as needed.
- Transports and deposits various construction materials such as sand, salt, gravel, dirt, etc.; performs hot mix patching, storm drain cleaning, repair and construction, snow and ice control, gravel street maintenance, street sweeping, cold mix patching, debris collection, etc.
- Checks and services assigned equipment; performs routine maintenance and emergency repairs; reports mechanical problems for shop repair.
- Assists as a mechanic helper or apprentice as needed to respond to seasonal demands for fleet maintenance; performs more complex mechanic duties under immediate supervision of a certified mechanic.
- Performs installation and maintenance of city signalization devices and street signs; prepares proper barricading for streets, water and related public works projects.
- Performs general maintenance functions such as painting, raking asphalt, pouring and finishing cement and similar duties; maintains, cleans and repairs tools and equipment.
- Performs a variety of ground maintenance and construction work requiring the use of hand and power tools, such as building forms, framing projects, etc.
- Performs related duties as required.
Graduation from high school or equivalent.
Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in a field directly related to above duties.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be qualifying.