- 06-May-2022 to Until Filled (MST)
- Parks & Recreation
- Layton, UT, USA
- Part Time
Lifeguard I - $10.00 - $12.00
Lifeguard II - $12.00 - $14.40
- Promotes and follows the City's mission statement, values and expectations.
- Performs as a lifeguard; observes patron activities; enforces rules; corrects or ejects patrons for rule infractions.
- Performs first aid as needed to assist individual injuries; performs water rescues as needed to prevent drownings.
- Maintains constant alertness and awareness of patron activities to minimize exposure or threat of incident or accident.
- Performs scheduled upkeep and maintenance of the facility; cleans floors, walls, windows, water equipment, etc.
- Assists as cashier or desk attendant as needed; takes fees, gives change, and assures security of revenue and petty cash; monitors patrons to prevent theft or facility abuse.
- Performs related duties as required.
Sufficient education and training to demonstrate an aptitude or ability to perform the above and related duties.
Specialized training and certification (Red Cross) as a Lifeguard and six (6) months general experience related to safe swimming, swim team participation or related background.
Specialized training and certification (Red Cross) as a Water Safety Instructor, and one (1) year general experience related to safe swimming, swim team participation or related background.
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be lifeguard, first aid, and CPR certified.
Must be at least 15 years of age.