We are currently looking for a Surface Land Agent to work directly for an E&P client in their offices in Calgary, primarily responsible for all land agent duties while working with the Oil Sands and Northeast British Columbia Asset Teams. This is initially a 1-year contract.
People are the heart of every business, and we thrive on connecting qualified workers with great companies!
We are looking for individuals that can leverage their entrepreneurial spirit to support our growth and expansion plans in the Renewables, Energy, Telecommunications, Power, Infrastructure and Municipal Sectors.
is looking to expand our talent pipeline in Calgary to service our clients by supporting the Talent Sourcing team in our Asset Management Division.
- To provide expertise on surface agreements, permitting, and processes
- Identify issues, risks and opportunities related to surface rights
- Lead and facilitate communications, public involvement, and negotiations with external stakeholders, including but not limited to contractors, landowners, commercial developers, regulatory officials, governmental agencies, and trappers
- Manage AER/AEP/OGC application and approval process
- Ensure regulatory compliance on surface rights
- Conduct compensation reviews and negotiations
- Provide support to the abandonment and reclamation team
- Provide support to the surface administration team
- Provide support on third party and one call requests
- Assist on special projects as required
- Minimum 8 years' experience as a surface land agent
- Knowledge and understanding of Alberta (Oil Sands) and British Columbia surface legislation (particularly NE BC Shale and Gas)
- Excellent computer skills including MS Excel, Word, , , , SPIN II, OneStop, Kermit, AEP - EDS and Quorum Land System
- Able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills
- Criminal record check, education and credential verification is required
Special Job Dimensions:
- Available to work in the client office in Calgary
- Able to work under deadlines and time constraints
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced work environment with a diverse group of individuals
provides expert services in all aspects of land access, consultation, land management and environmental services across Canada. With over 120 employees and contractors, we have a well-established presence in the land and environmental industry through our 7 office locations across Canada and 2 in the United States.
We are looking for more of the best and brightest to join our committed team. If you are passionate about starting a career with we want to hear from you!
LP is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all and our selection process is free from bias or discrimination. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, age, status, national origin, or disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.