- Portland, OR, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, life insurance, PTO, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital, and Pet Insurance offered
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are looking for an ecommerce UX designer with experience in both the UI and UX fields. You will work closely with another product designer and a Lead Designer, as well as our in-house development team, to craft both brand new, and improved omni-channel user journeys for our two brands Danner and LaCrosse Footwear. You will be working with a collaborative and remote team that has a passion for getting it right and a desire to surprise and delight our customers with the ease of accomplishing their varied goals across our web and stores. You will also interface with our customer service team for regular two-way communication to gather regular, real end-consumer feedback and to keep our customer service team up to date on all the latest and greatest features for our end customers.
This role may work remotely with occasional travel (post COVID) to LFI HQ in Portland, OR. Preference for applicants in the pacific time zone.
You will have an empathetic nature that can see experiences from the point of view of our customers and their varied needs. You will have a growth mindset and enjoy an environment that prioritizes personal development and learning. You will have an appetite for learning and be excited about keeping up with industry trends and education. You will have an adaptable personality as this role will have a great variety of responsibilities. You will be comfortable working with a remote team even if you choose to work at our headquarters when it opens again.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Identify key opportunities for development that support our top line goals based on analysis, research and customer feedback.
- Develop and execute UX/UI design, vision and deliverables for all LFI brand websites.
- Work through channel design problems from beginning to end based on business goals and user research.
- Integrate business constraints into design decisions, maintaining relevance and quality.
- Work collaboratively with design team, development team, and key stakeholders to bring designs to life.
- Interface with our customer service and returns teams.
- Manage support tickets for small projects and tasks in Jira platform.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of professional experience in UX design in the ecommerce industry.
- User experience design portfolio that clearly demonstrates consumer-oriented design solutions for complex problems.
- Ability to leverage metrics, optimization, and qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions.
- Ability to distill complex problems into simple and elegant solutions that work across all device types.
- In-depth understanding of mobile-first responsive design.
- Expertise in Sketch and InVision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a belief in positive intent.
- Familiarity with Basecamp's Shape Up Design/Development philosophy encouraged.
- Familiarity with the Magento ecommerce platform preferred.
- Must be dependable and team oriented
- Must be willing to conduct oneself in accordance with Company's Core Values
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. As a federal contractor, we participate in E-Verify. LaCrosse Footwear, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer that strives for and celebrates diversity in its workforce.