- Portland, OR, USA
- Full Time
Medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid vacation/sick, holidays, and tuition reimbursement!
Be part of an organization that provides the best boots to the men and women that serve this country!
Since 1897, LaCrosse Footwear, Inc. has provided performance footwear and apparel to keep people warm, dry, protected and comfortable. We design boots for our men and women in the military and law enforcement. You can learn more about the boot making process at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVZrFdbfQYc&feature=youtu.be
Entry level full-time positions starting at $15.00 per hour, with more earning potential through overtime and regular pay increases based on hours worked. Bonuses provided during probationary period up to $250 and get a pair of boots for $5.00 each year!
We have openings in several different departments that require performing repetitive short cycle task/movements using hand and power tools, machinery, mechanical fixtures and high-speed sanding equipment.
This union position includes competitive benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid vacation/sick, holidays, and tuition reimbursement!
Schedule Monday Friday; regular working hours for 1st shift is 6:00 am 2:30 pm; 2nd Shift is 3:00 pm 11:30 pm. Occasionally, we also work overtime, which could be daily or on weekends. Starting and ending times may vary due to overtime needs.
Benefits - Health insurance available after 180 days - Paid holidays - 401k
Shoemaker (Lasting and/or Finishing Department)
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Shoemaker performs diverse operations in the production of shoes/boots to prescribed quality and production standards and in accordance with ISO procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Manufactures footwear products by performing repetitive short cycle task/movements. May use hand and power tools, small to large machinery, mechanical fixtures and test equipment.
- Responsible for basic set-ups, adjusts and monitors equipment. Notifies Maintenance of any equipment malfunctions.
- Notifies appropriate personnel if product or process is out of compliance.
- Rotates between operations within work area as well as between work areas and departments. Assists in maintaining work area and/or department records.
- Consults production ticket for specific work instructions related to that lot.
- Adheres to Company two-pass quality system which requires the Shoemaker to inspect incoming work prior to performing any work on it, and inspect completed work prior to passing it on to the next operation.
- Assists in training co-workers as required.
- Follows all safety rules and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Works shift work schedule and overtime as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (for Lasting/Finishing Department):
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Must be able to perform all physical and mental requirements described below.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Good hand/eye coordination & manual dexterity with ability to use hand tools, electric and pneumatic power tools and machines, and in-house developed product specific tooling/fixtures.
- Must be able to handle work that is repetitious.
- Able to follow instructions and take direction. Must be able to work from visual aids, drawings/ diagrams, ISO work instruction and other instructive documentation.
- Ability to offer informed suggestions to improve processes.
- Within a diverse work environment, must respect individual differences and utilize the diverse thinking and contributions of all team members.
EDUCATION and or/ EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent 2
- 1-2 years production experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment utilizing industrial machinery.
- Shoe sanding and/or lasting experience preferred.
- Dependable with a good record of attendance.
- Basic English Skills are preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: 100% of work is spent in factory and/or distribution setting
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This position takes immediate direction from the Production Team Lead and reports to the Production Manager.