The Kentucky College of Art + Design (KyCAD) is seeking to fill the position of Administrative Assistant.
This position will be on-campus in Louisville, Kentucky. This position is open to internal and external applicants.
Reporting directly to the President, the Administrative Assistant provides executive-level support to college leadership to advance the college's mission through effective, efficient, and strategic support of the President's priorities and vision for the college. The administrative assistant is an excellent communicator, has an ability to work independently, works under pressure at times, and maintains a high degree of confidentiality. Well-developed interpersonal communication skills and a focus on customer service are a must for serving as liaison for the President with individuals from all constituencies including trustees, donors, alumni, parents, faculty, students, and staff.
- Assists the President and College leadership, including but not limited to the Chancellor, the VP of Academic Affairs/Dean, and the Director of Development in conducting day-to-day operations of the college, scheduling and arranging meetings, preparing for meetings, multi-media presentations, sending correspondence and sorting mail
- Maintains the President's and Director of Development's calendar of appointments. Maintains records of meetings with donors in donor database
- Assists Director of Development with handling daily processes for advancement, stewardship, pledges, grants, gifts, follow-up and maintaining donor relationships
- Leads the effort to provide accurate and timely briefing materials
- Drafts and/or proof-reads executive level correspondence
- Acts as administrative support for Board of Trustees. Ensures Board of Trustees records are up to date on portal and older documents are archived, manage meeting invitations and meeting packets. Prepares meeting refreshments and orders lunch
- Partners with President, Board of Trustees or event committee to assist with events including managing ticketing and RSVPs, auction, or other income generating activities
- Embrace and enhance the college's culture to help ensure continued engagement, motivation, and drive
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's Degree preferred. (Business, Public Relations or related field)
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience supporting senior-level personnel
- Strong and effective organizational skills, including calendar management and maintaining physical and electronic records and files
- Ability to anticipate the needs of others and coordinate resources accordingly, assessing, compiling, and disseminating information as required
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with decision-making capability
- Proven ability to protect and maintain confidentiality of information
- Excellent communication skills with proficiency in grammar and proofreading
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), SharePoint. Knowledge of design software a plus
- Ability to prioritize one's work and adjust to a dynamic environment with minimal supervision
- Willingness to actively demonstrate support for diversity, equity, and inclusion, and participate in fostering a respectful, positive work environment that welcomes all persons
- Valid current driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule - occasional evening and weekend hours as needed
- This position requires the ability to lift 20-25 lbs. (approx.) and must be able to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body
- Willingness and aptitude for learning new computer software and other systems. Previous experience with Development CRM databases a plus
- Effective interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism, integrity, diplomacy, and judgment
- Experience proposing and implementing new processes to increase efficiency and reduce costs
- Demonstrated successful experience working to enhance diversity and inclusion
Those who are interested in applying for this position will need to submit a Resume and Letter of interest through our applicant portal.
For any other questions regarding this position or if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position with the Kentucky College of Art + Design, please contact Human Capital Management at email@example.com.
Work is performed in a dynamic environment that requires sensitivity to change and responsiveness to changing and moving institutional goals, priorities and needs.
Any candidate offered a position will be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by KyCAD Human Capital Management. These screenings may include a national background check.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
The Kentucky College of Art + Design is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well- being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live.
About KyCAD: Founded in 2009, The Kentucky College of Art + Design is proud of its success. Core values and principles have helped to shape the institution and our work toward a mission to provide a transformational experience for our students.
As a brand-new college looking to demonstrate the value of the arts to society, we embrace the ability of the arts to reflect a generation's interests and opinions. This college places the meaning of practice and the artist's voice besides the skills and the tools with which we speak.
From our histories to new technologies, from our crafts and material practices to a new digital world of the virtual and unreal, we investigate the very roots of what it means to be human in a wide variety of ways. Artists use not only intuition and speculation but also spiritual, emotional, analytical and material ways to search for new knowledge.
In November 2018, the Kentucky Council on Post-Secondary Education granted KyCAD the authority to grant a BFA in Studio Art. KyCAD is currently seeking full accreditation that will enable student access to title IV Federal Funding.
The Kentucky College of Art + Design is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live.