Kleinschmidt has a full-time opening for a Technical Writer. Our flexibility and core value of relationships allows us to offer employees the opportunity to work in an office, or remotely, based on their personal needs. We understand the concerns with COVID-19 and have policies in place to help keep our employees safe.
Who You Are
Knowledgeable: Possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or 4 years' equivalent experience with Technical Writing in AEC business environment, quality assurance, engineering, or computer technology). Possess at least two years of experience with either technical writing in an AEC consulting business environment, or experience developing new content from a variety of resources such as product specifications and interviews with technical subject experts.
Communication Expert: Demonstrated ability to create complex documents including composing significant amount of original written content and technical editing of engineering and scientific documents. Must demonstrate competency in the use of various PC software applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe software (including InDesign)i. Microsoft Word mastery is required. Ability to edit documents for consistency, clarity, grammar, syntax, and compliance with client and regulatory requirements.
Relationship-focused: Ability to work with staff at all levels in a fast-paced team environment while handling multiple tasks under the pressure of deadlines and maintaining confidentiality.
- Experience as a technical writer in the consulting industry (positions include engineering, regulatory or science jobs with similar technical content).
- Self-starter with a positive, can-do attitude. Energetic problem-solver capable of handling multiple tasks and priorities. Must be able to work independently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Strong knowledge of electronic document publication and printing.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; must work well in a team environment.
- Strong skills with graphics software applications, including Microsoft Visio and Adobe Photoshop.
- Strong organizational skills, project execution skills, and detail oriented.
- Ability to manage time and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Commitment to meeting internal and external deadlines, which may include working outside of typical business hours.
- Experience with documentation systems, practices, and requirements.
- Familiarity with federal regulatory requirements and guidance (e.g., FERC, NEPA).
About The Position
The Technical Writer provides input, support and technical writing associated with engineering, regulatory, and scientific reports and documents. Writes and edits a variety of technical reports, manuals, procedures, documents, training guides, licensing reports, writer's guides, and presentations for a wide variety of uses. This position will also participate in the development and implementation of Kleinschmidt's Quality Management System, document control processes, and records management protocols.
Please provide a writing sample with application.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Program - Annual
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision package
- 401(k) with 4% employer match and 100% immediate vesting
- 10 Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Ownership
Kleinschmidt is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our company policy and culture to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender status, disability status, national origin, veteran status, and all other dimensions of diversity.