- Wooster, OH, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Voluntary Life, Disability, 401K
Looking for the purr-fect opportunity to join a growing company and put your awesome talents to work? Come join the Kitty Poo Crew!
Located in Wooster, Ohio, Kitty Poo Club is the creator of the all-in-one litter box solution. With over one million boxes shipped, our company is growing exponentially and expanding our team. Our members are our number one priority and providing them with the best experience possible is what we strive for day in and day out.
Just like our members, Kitty Poo Club strives for the same experience for our employees as well. We provide our employees with multiple benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k) with profit sharing and employee discounts. Our flexible PTO policy allows our employees to take the time they need when they need it. And no worries... we're dog people too!
We are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper/Accounting Specialist to join our growing team. This is a mid-level position and will report to our Assistant Controller. The position works mostly remote but is required to be local to the facility (within a 1-2 hour drive).
What kind of person we are looking for...
- An outstanding individual contributor who enjoys producing both independently and as part of a team
- A real curiosity to learn new things and desire to continuously improve
What you will be doing...
- Performing and overseeing basic Accounting procedures (A/R, A/P, time billing, P/R, G/L, tax payments and inventory control)
- Monitoring and reviewing all record of assets, liabilities, and other financial transitions
- Assisting Assistant Controller/Controller as company liaison with auditors (Annual financial and 401K audits)
- Performing all basic accounting procedures, financial statement preparation, month end closing, journal entries and general ledger maintenance, inventory roll forwards, and fixed assets and margin analysis; preparing supporting schedules for financial statements preparation
- Preparing financial statements, e.g. monthly and quarterly financial reports, weekly forecasts to Management Team summarizing current and projected financial position
- Assisting with special Accounting projects
- Report to management
- Other duties as assigned
What we are looking for...
- At least 4+ years progressive accounting experience in a similar work environment required.
- Proven ability to work in teams and build relationships across the organization
- Strong accounting skills
- Knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge and skills of Excel functions and capabilities
What will set you apart...
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is a plus
- Manufacturing background is a plus
- Knowledge of Accumatica is a plus
Kitty Poo Club is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Kitty Poo Club considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Kitty Poo Club is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.