- Richmond, VA, USA
- per year based on experience
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Life Insurance, Company Paid Short/Long Term Disability, 401k, 401k Company Match
The Project Manager will initiate, plan, execute, control and close the project in the context of agree-upon customer expectations, commitments and constraints.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Health/dental/vision/disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- 401k with employer match and 100% vesting from the beginning
- Paid weekly
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Supervise and coordinate the overall process of fabricating and erecting structural steel, miscellaneous metals, joist, and metal deck for assigned project(s)
- Manage the steel detailing and surveying
- Read specifications and blue prints to determine the locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required
- Create and establish schedules that include preconstruction planning, submittals, engineering, shop drawing creation, material procurement, and fabrication, shipping, erection, and closeout procedures.
- Prepare, coordinate, review, and execute submittals, contracts, subcontracts, Purchase Orders (PO), Professional Service Agreements (PSA), blueprints/drawings, and other critical documents
- Prepare a detailed schedule of values for billing purposes; prepare and submit monthly project billings
- Prepare and negotiate change orders, deducts, and proposals with clients
- Maintain positive client relationships and communicate effectively with all parties associated with the project
- Communicate and coordinate with other project contractors to maintain schedule, deliver of materials, and mitigate design conflicts
- Communicate and coordinate the steel package with other trade contractors via the BIM process and work through clash detection
- Issue corrective action notices to subcontractors, as required, to enforce company and/or project guidelines/policies
- Effectively organize and maintain important documents in both a hard copy and electronic format
- Prior Project Management experience particularly in steel fabrication/erection strongly preferred
- 2-4 Year post-secondary degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required; scheduling software (Microsoft Project, Primavera) preferred
- Valid US driver's license is required
- Knowledge of Tekla and Fabtrol software programs is a plus
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in steel construction
- Knowledge of safety, quality, and cost control standards and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable and proper use for the following: transit, laser lever, torpedo, torque guns, welders, gas supplied equipment, rigging and components
- Ability to understand and apply varying levels of mathematics relevant to the position
- Possess at minimum the tools as required to field measure, verify, and audit basic conformity standards
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Please apply for immediate consideration. Ability to work overtime and Saturdays as required.
Selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment physical with drug/alcohol testing.