- York, PA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Life Insurance, Company Paid Short/Long Term Disability, 401k, 401k Company Match
Kinsley's Steel Division is currently seeking a talented and experienced to join our growing team.
"Ironworkers" place and install iron or steel beams, girders, joists, columns, metal decking, bridging, and other steel related materials to form buildings, bridges, and other structures. They also repair and renovate older buildings and structures.
- Read specifications and blue prints to determine the locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Verify vertical and horizontal alignment of structural-steel members, using plumb bobs, lasers equipment, transits, and/or levels.
- Connect columns, beams, and girders with bolts, following blueprints and instructions from supervisors.
- Hoist steel members into place using cranes or other equipment by means of proper signaling.
- Bolt aligned structural-steel members in position for permanent riveting, bolting, or welding into place.
- Field assemble metal parts such as steel frames, columns, beams, and girders according to blueprints and/or instructions from supervisors.
- Push, pull, or pry structural-steel members into approximate positions for final attachment.
- Cut, bend, and weld steel pieces using metal shears, torches, and welding equipment.
- Safely operate and maintain equipment (personnel and material lifts) and small tools and equipment (welding machines, torch sets, saws, grinders, hoists, etc).
- Report unsafe working practices and/or conditions
- Check and maintain adequate gas, oil, or other fluid levels as required to keep machinery in good working order
- Ability to weld and currently maintains various weld certificates as applicable and required for the work and/or can show the ability to pass various weld proficiency tests proving their ability to pass weld certifications that are required to perform the task of the position
- Ability to understand and apply varying levels of mathematics as applicable to the position
- Ability to, at minimum, be able to speak and understand English in oral and written form
- Understanding of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of proper rigging and signaling
- Knowledge of applicable and proper use for the following: transit, laser lever, torpedo, torque guns, welders, gas supplied equipment, rigging and components
- Possesses at minimum the following tools: bolt bag, spud wrench, bull pins, weld hood (applicable to welders only), tape measure, plumb bob, cheater bar, pliers, clamps, hammers, Bessie clamps, vise grips
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K Plan with Company Match and paid PTO/Holidays.