Kingwood Emergency Hospital
Patient Access/Registration Part time, PRN Nights
Kingwood Emergency Hospital, located on the northeast corner of Hwy 59 North at Kingwood Dr., offers all the services found at a traditional hospital emergency room but with very short wait times, a clean and comfortable location, and outstanding service. Our Board-Certified emergency room physicians are highly trained, and our facility is stocked with modern medical equipment. Our goal is for you to see an emergency room physician within 10 minutes of arrival and to provide you with the best, most comfortable experience while you are with us.
Our mission is to go beyond your expectations in the delivery of medical care. Your time is very valuable and that is the reason we created a hospital Emergency Room that is not subject to the usual delays common to large hospital ERs. Kingwood Emergency Hospital is setting the new standard in emergency medical care.
Patient Registration/Admitting facilitates the registration/admissions procedures for the facilities patients.
Obtains all necessary information and is responsible for the completeness and accuracy of all forms,
consents, logs and other front desk documents. Collects appropriate payments from patients in accordance
with policies and procedures. This position carries out these duties while respecting the dignity and privacy
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensure operational readiness of the front desk.
2. Greet all patients, visitors, and vendors who patron the facility in a welcoming manner. Treat all
patients, visitors, other business contacts and staff members professionally and with respect.
3. Initiate the minimal patient co-pay for all patients in accordance established guidelines with the
patient's insurance plans. Collect payment for services in accordance with company policies.
Obtain the required patient co-pay in a respectful and dignified manner.
4. When cash payments are received, place cash in a secure location as directed by management.
5. Scan documents into the electronic health record (EHR) as directed by management.
6. Perform daily tasks as a measure to ensure the appropriate and efficient operation of the front
desk. Such tasks will include, but not limited to, accurately creating patient registration records,
labels and ensuring to the completion of all registration paperwork.
7. Ability to exercise sound judgment; apply effective written and oral communication techniques
with all business contacts to include, but not limited to, patients, employees, vendors, members
of administration, and the general public.
8. Answer phone calls timely and professionally as directed. May be required to route phone calls
accurately throughout the facility as needed.
9. Verify various types of insurance and co-pays in accordance with company policies and
10. Perform routine measures to ensure compliance relative to issues applicable to the preservation,
accuracy, and completeness of all patient charts.
11. Reconcile financial logs and cash ledger. Make deposits of cash as needed and ensure that the
cash box does not exceed the established cash limits. Make appropriate notations of transactions
on the financial log.
12. Ensure completeness and accuracy of daily patient financial logs. Make corrections of errors and
pg. 2 Patient Registration Admitting GB Approval 8.2019: KEH GB Review 10.12.20
13. Compile data or information as requested.
14. Maintain confidentiality of patient related issues and medical records outlined by HIPAA and
company policies. Maintain confidentiality of company and employee information as outlined in
15. Comply with ENTALA standards in the application of front desk registration duties and tasks.
16. Comply with attendance standards and routinely attend required staff meetings. Able to work
various shifts with or without notice.
17. Remain flexible relative to changing staffing patterns and participate in temporary assignments.
May be required to work outside traditional work hours to meet the overall demands of this job.
18. Ability to prioritize work assignments and to work with limited supervision.
19. Ability and skill to address various issues related to administration, registration, insurance
verification/processes for patients, physicals, injuries, illnesses, and workers compensation;
understand and is able to articulate the differences between co-pays, deductibles, out of pocket
expenses, and co-insurance.
20. Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience
High School or Equivalent; bachelor's degree preferred
Minimum of 1 plus years of experience in a clinical (hospital) setting with similar duties. Knowledge/familiarity of Centricity, EPowerDoc, Square preferred!
Familiarity with MS Office suite, especially Microsoft Excel. Keyboarding/typing and 10-key touch
Certifications & Licenses:
Ability to read and write in English, analyze, and interpret written company policies, manuals, protocols and/or governmental regulations. Ability to read/write in Spanish a plus!