- Project Management
- Fayetteville, AR, USA
- Full Time
Medical - Dental - Vision - 401k - Vacation/Holiday Pay - Bonus Potential - Competitive Wages - Career Advancement Opportunities
This position consists of downloading and reading plans. Must be able to discern scope of work. Able to read mechanical drawings. Will build and review submittals and O&M's for each project. This position requires you to have multiple jobs and functions going on at any given time while keeping up with deadlines and schedules. Must be able to speak with customers, vendors, engineers, general contractors and owners professionally and coherently.
Essential duties and job functions:
- Reviewing Plans and Drawing Plumbing Redlines for Multifamily/Commercial Housing Projects
- Plumbing Shop/Isometric Drawings for Engineer/State Health Dept.
- Download/Organize/Manage and Print Construction plans
- Auto Desk CAD. Total Station plans
- Plumbing Submittals and O&M's Purchasing decisions for each project
- Build a Project Unit Tab with high accuracy
- Estimate Scope of Work and communicate with general contractors ability to discern VE from per plans as well as any Add/Deduct values
- Request quotes from vendors and determine specific items each fixture will require
- Equipment Rentals Spending decisions on how much KMS pays
Competencies: examples listed below
- Reading and Understanding Construction Plans and Specs
- Communicate in email and phone correspondence with customers: field personnel, general contractors, architect, engineers, superintendents, department heads and vendors.
- Time Management the ability to deal with a hot/cold work cycle and use down time to improve systems and prepare PDF files of submittals or standard Isometric drawings
- Ability to analyze and solve problems related to Bidding Excel Files, Specs, Permits, Construction Plans, Plumbing Isometric Drawings and Redlines
- Attention to detail Must be able to find discrepancies between Plans, Specs and details from GC
- Ability to create and improve processes
- Review Submittals, O&M's, Redlines and Bids
- Create RFI style breakouts for anything found in the plans needing more information
Expected Hours of Work:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, plotters, phones, photocopies, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Qualifications: examples listed below
- High School and Above
- Strong verbal and written communication skills/professionalism
- Strong Computer competency (Adobe/Bluebeam, MS Office, Excel, Auto Desk, etc.)
- Ability to learn new software
- Friendly Demeanor
- Ability to make common sense decisions and work independently within the scope of the position
- Customer service oriented
- Good Stewardship
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.