- Oakland Park, FL, USA
- Full Time
Full-time employees are eligible to receive a benefits plan including: medical, dental, life, and vision insurance coverage; flexible spending account, long term disability, and a matching 401k plan, among others. Full time employees are also eligible to receive holiday pay, and earn paid vacation after their first year of employment.
Kids in Distress (KID) is looking to hire a full-time Foster Care Family Support Counselor that is currently Child Welfare Certified by the Florida Certification Board. Would you like to work with an established and respected nonprofit organization to prevent child abuse, preserve the family, and treat children who have been abused and neglected? If so, please read on!
ABOUT KID FOSTER CARE PROGRAM
KID Foster Care in Broward and Palm Beach Counties provides short and long-term care to children that have entered the dependency system. As the largest foster care provider in Broward and Palm Beach counties, the KID Foster Care program serves children with love and support while case workers assist the birth family towards their goal of reunification or permanency.
The Family Support Counselor is responsible for licensing, supporting, and monitoring foster parents in our Broward County Program. Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, assisting with recruiting and training. This position will act as a KID liaison for community events and volunteers related to the Foster Care Program. Must partner relations with current foster parents, Child Advocates, Guardian Ad Litem's, and other community partners. Must uphold, improve, and promote the positive image of Kids in Distress. Must be Child Welfare Certified, and possess excellent organizational and time management skills. This position reports to the Supervisor of Foster Care.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A FOSTER CARE FAMILY SUPPORT COUNSELOR
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related field with a minimum two (2) years of experience working in a child welfare field.
- Must be child welfare certified.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Must be knowledgeable of all aspects of Chapter 39, Chapter 435, and Administrative Code 65C-13.
- Must be willing to coordinate special events, scheduling, and budgets. Experience and success working with foster parents.
- Must have a Valid Florida Driver's License with full-time access to a reliable vehicle (proof of vehicle insurance is required.)
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this Family Support Counselor position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
Kids in Distress is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, a Drug Free Workplace and requires drug testing.