Kids in Distress (KID) of Fort Lauderdale, FL is looking to hire a part-time Counselor for our Aftercare and Summer Camp program.
If you are talented, creative and love working with children, we encourage you to apply. Our Counselors need to have their 45 hours of childcare licensing training to join our team and previous experience working in an aftercare, summer camp, or day care. If you feel that you would be the right fit for this part-time opportunity, apply today!
This position is year-round and is responsible for the daily direct care and supervision of children kindergarten - 5th grade. This includes providing and overseeing individualized accommodations for children with academic deficiencies. As a Counselor, you must establish and maintain a structured learning environment that is safe, nurturing, and enriching. Additionally:
- Plan and implement projects. Assists the children with their homework.
- Transports children as needed.
- Must be able to run, jump, and otherwise engage the children in strenuous activities that are age appropriate for them.
- Maintain positive communication with parents, children, and other staff members.
- Must be able to sit, bend, crouch, kneel, or otherwise get down to a non-threatening position, often on the floor, to maximize opportunities to teach, play, and nurture the children.
- Must be able to lift, hold, and carry children up to the age of 11, weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Must be willing to work 20 hours per week during school year and summer camp, hours are Monday-Friday, 2 P.M. - 6 P.M.
- Must be at least 18 years old and possess a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have completed the 45 hours of DCF Child Care Licensing training (Part 1 & 2) and must have passed the exams.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working with children from diverse populations.
- CPR and First Aid Certificate or must obtain certification upon hire.
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you! Please submit a copy of your DCF 40-45 hours Childcare Transcript Training with your resume as one attachment.
Kids In Distress is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, a Drug Free Workplace and requires drug testing.