- Oakland Park, FL, USA
- Full Time
Full-time employees are eligible to receive a benefits plan including: medical, dental, life, and vision insurance coverage; flexible spending account, long term disability, and a matching 401k plan, among others. Full time employees are also eligible to receive holiday pay, and earn paid vacation after their first year of employment.
Our Benefits Enrollment Services program helps families navigate the complicated benefits system by supporting application completion, submission and referrals to community organizations. This program is available to low-income families with children ages birth to 17 years old in Broward and Miami-Dade County.
As a Benefits Enrollment Specialist you will be responsible for completing benefits enrollment applications and follow-up with referred clients in Broward County for Kids In Distress and Family Central. Provide benefits enrollment services for participants in their home and virtually. Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain participant files, submit monthly data and reports to Coordinator, and perform other office/clerical requirements.
- Collaborate with other staff to assist referred clients with the benefits enrollment program, enrich skills and knowledge of benefits.
- Attend benefit enrollment activities
- Perform other duties that may be necessary to maintain the success of the organization accreditation standards and continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred; and two (2) years of related experience.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish or English/Creole strongly preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate, motivate and influence staff and be a positive role model. Perform in an empowered environment by working collaboratively with other professionals, personnel and direct service providers. Must be familiar and comfortable working with diverse populations.
- Must possess excellent organizational and case management skills. Experience interacting with benefits programs or providing case management services preferred.
- Experience working with databases helpful. Must be computer literate with a solid foundation in MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to work flexible hours including some evening and weekend hours.
- Must have transportation and be willing to visit clients in their home. Valid Florida Driver's License with full access to a reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage (proof of insurance is required.)
Kids in Distress is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, a Drug Free Workplace and requires drug testing.