- Oakland Park, FL, USA
- Full Time
Full-time employees are eligible to receive a benefits plan including: medical, dental, life, and vision insurance coverage; flexible spending account, long and short term disability, and a matching 401k plan, among others. Full time employees are also eligible to receive holiday pay, and earn paid vacation after their first year of employment.
KID Homebuilders is an evidence-based program designed to strengthen families in order to prevent out-of-home child placements. KID Homebuilders families have children in imminent danger of removal due to child abuse, neglect, family conflict, juvenile delinquency, or other factors.
The Homebuilders Family Support Counselor provides intensive Family Preservation Services using the HOMEBUILDERS model, including crisis intervention, counseling, skill building, concrete services, and advocacy. The Family Support Counselor serves two families at a time following the Homebuilders standards. This position reports to the program supervisor.
Skills / Requirements
- Commitment to the HOMEBUILDERS model.
- Bachelor degree or Graduate degree in social work or related field and at least two (2) years of experience working with children and families.
- Ability to work with diverse individuals.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain client confidentiality.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver's license with no restrictions; good driving record (no serious infractions); vehicle in good working condition; automobile liability insurance that meets minimum agency requirements.
- Meet state / contract requirements for transporting clients and for unrestricted access to children (e.g., no crimes or negative actions that would affect background clearance, no driving infractions that prohibit transportation of clients).
- Familiarity with MS Word, e-mail and Internet.
- Must live in designated service area.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Typical Working Conditions
- Requires working flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Work is performed in an office environment, the community and client homes.
- Requires extensive travel to client homes and throughout the community.
Kids in Distress is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, a Drug Free Workplace and requires drug testing.