Part Time: 15 - 20 hours per week
Days: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (negotiable)
Duration of Internship: 12 - 21 weeks
Seeking a HR Intern to perform various administrative tasks and support our HR department's daily activities. Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain all employee personnel files: build file for new hires, update current employee files with incoming documentation.
- Scan documents to employee electronic files, updating employee data in the human resources database.
- Assist with the collection of data for program audits.
- Work with HR staff if needed to complete annual HR duties.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management or similar field preferred. Experience as a Staff Assistant or similar junior HR role is a plus.
- Candidate must have excellent organizational skills, be detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task. Must be comfortable to work independently.
- Must be computer literate and have the ability to complete documents in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be fluent in English and have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals or technical procedures written in English; and the ability to effectively communicate in English.
Kids in Distress is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, a Drug Free Workplace and requires drug testing.