- Great pay
100% paid employee health insurance, A highly regarded tuition assistance program for dependent children (K-12 grade), A 403(b) plan
W.M. Keck Observatory is currently hiring for a full-time Systems Engineer to provide technical oversight and leadership for assigned projects in the Waimea, HI area. This full-time engineering position earns a competitive salary. We are local industry leaders in this essential business and believe that hard work can also be fun.
In addition to great pay and our exceptional culture, we offer the following benefits and perks:
- 100% paid employee health insurance
- A highly regarded tuition assistance program for dependent children (K-12 grade)
- A 403(b) plan
We also offer opportunities for advancement and growth with an unmatched focus on excellence. So, now that you've learned the who, what, where, and why, you may be wondering HOW? It's easy! Just fill out our initial mobile-friendly online application. We hope to meet you soon!
OUR IDEAL SYSTEMS ENGINEER
- Respectful - is kind, positive, and helpful
- Career-minded - looking for more than a job
- Self-motivated - sees what needs to be done and does it
- Team player - gets along well with others and has a true understanding of teamwork
- Pride in your work - real desire to do quality work and ensure customer satisfaction
If these ideal engineer traits describe you, please continue reading!
ABOUT W.M. KECK OBSERVATORY
From Hawaii's Maunakea, astronomers around the world use our observatory to observe the universe with unprecedented power and precision. Our twin observatory telescopes are the world's most scientifically productive optical and infrared telescopes! With our highly advanced technology, we focus on service and stewardship and are very committed to being the science leader in large land-based telescopes. We support the mission of the observatory and work to unravel the mysteries of the universe!
Each employee is a part of our mission. We provide meaningful jobs and a lively place to pursue careers here. Employees are able to grow and work with a variety of equipment and scientific applications for the good of humanity and pure science. We work in a wonderful setting and environment and are passionate about what we do. We're looking for more individuals to join us!
REQUIREMENTS FOR A SYSTEMS ENGINEER
The Systems Engineer provides systems-level technical oversight and leadership for assigned projects. The nature of projects ranges from science instruments to telescopes or adaptive optics upgrades to infrastructure projects. You collaborate with the staff at the observatory, partner institutions, and vendors to ensure successful project delivery. From developing and maintaining system requirements to analysis and modeling, you do whatever you need to help and you love seeing your skills contribute to our overall mission and life work. If you can do that and meet the following requirements, we'd love to have you join us!
- A Master's degree in engineering, physical sciences, or systems engineering (relevant experience may be substituted here)
- 3+ years of experience in systems engineering (or experience in a related technical discipline)
- Knowledge about systems engineering concepts and processes
- Experience integrating complex, high-performance hardware and software systems
- Ability to create and manage requirements, interface definitions, and risk register(s)
- Ability and confidence to successfully deliver multi-disciplinary engineering projects of $1M or greater
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to see the big picture and to drill down into technical details
If you are excited about this full-time engineering opportunity, don't delay. Apply today!