We need your big ideas to help advance our even bigger objectives for Trains.com! Kalmbach Media is looking for two video producer positions to join its dynamic professional video team.
The Video Promotions Producer is for a savvy marketer and skilled videographer, who can pitch, plan, and produce a wide variety of promotional video pieces for Kalmbach Media's global hobby audience. The Video Content Producer is an opening for an exceptional individual and talented hobbyist with an equal balance of on-camera charisma, effective demonstration skills, and advanced video editing talents.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Video Promotions Producer will lead the effort to shape, shoot, and supply a wide array of digital spots, series trailers, social media posts, and special-promo videos every month. In conjunction with the Producer and other managers, you'll also collaborate with content creators to develop additional marketing content and videos for Trains.com and other brands of Kalmbach Media.
The Video Content Producer requires a confident nature for creating processes-driven on-camera demonstrations for our Trains.com brand, contributing multiple instructional videos to our premium membership website every month. This position requires the individual to both work in front of the camera as talent, as well as work in post-production to carry those and other assorted projects to completion.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Education, English, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Performing Arts, or related discipline.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience in a fast-paced multimedia/video production environment. Includes proven skills in set design, lighting, and audio setup, plus camera operation and video production/editing (MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite). The ability to move, lift and operate video equipment/gear and set pieces of up to 40lbs is required.
- Self-sufficient, self-starter who exudes on-screen confidence
- Naturally inquisitive problem-solver, innovator, and collaborator
- Familiarity with basic construction trade skills (woodworking, electrical, painting, etc.)
- Knowledge of North American railroad or model railroad industry is a plus
How to Apply
To be considered for either of these positions you must complete our online application and attach your resume along with:
- A cover letter outlining your qualifications and relevant experience
- Your salary requirements
- Demo-reel links to your instructional presentations
These positions will require the ability to work out of our corporate office every week with the use of equipment, onsite workshop and studio. Kalmbach is located in Waukesha, Wisconsin, just west of Milwaukee. We offer a customer-focused, hybrid/flexible work environment and great benefits!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!