Due to an internal promotion, we have an exciting opportunity to work as an Associate Editor at Trains Magazine and support trains.com!
This position will create and improve railroad industry and enthusiast content for trains.com and Trains magazine, the world's largest circulation railroad website and print products in the world. This position reports to the editor of Trains, but also helps to create digital and print content for our Classic Trains brand.
This job is for the person who has a good working knowledge of the railroad business, loves railroading, and writing about and editing stories about this exciting industry today, historically, and in the future.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Write intelligent, accurate stories on deadline for digital and print products
- Work with graphic artists, authors, photographers, and mapmakers to create sophisticated feature stories
- Conceive, develop, and write stories
- Prepare video content for trains.com and appears as talent in these videos
- Reviews articles for potential acquisition
- Takes a lead role in social media
Education and Experience
- BA or BS degree in journalism, English, history, or another related degree
- 5-plus years of media work in publishing or digital content
- Analytical approach to problem solving and critical thinking
- Ability and interest in solving problems independently
- Good working knowledge of the railroad industry/business.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position you must complete our online application and attach your resume along with:
- A detailed cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience as it relates to this position and a writing sample
- Your salary requirements
Kalmbach is located in Waukesha Wisconsin, about 20 minutes west of Milwaukee. We offer a customer focused work environment and excellent benefits.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!