Empower U. is a dynamic in-home, mental health organization that is rapidly growing each year. Empower U. provides Respite services to children with developmental disabilities between the ages of 5 and 21, who are seeking services after school and after work hours. We are seeking highly motivated, professional, respite technicians for part-time and per-diem positions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct care for children and families with a wide array of disabilities
- Provide assistance to families by taking youth out into the community and engaging with others
- Provide necessary resources and support system development
- Draws on knowledge and skills acquired from personal experience with the mental health system with a focus on youth personal recovery process.
- Assist youth with activities of daily living
- Support youth's social and emotional development and provide positive guidance
- Completes all required training successfully and regularly attends mandatory respite meetings and supervision meetings to provide input regarding the program.
- Assist in the implementation of classroom curriculum and weekly lesson plans when needed;
- Assist with homework completion
- Willing to travel to neighboring counties within a 10-15-mile radius
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Skills
- High School diploma (Required)
- College student major in Psychology, Social Work, Applied Behavior Analysis and Special Education (Preferred)
- Flexible lifestyle that will allow you to work after school, evening, and/or weekend hours
- Minimum of six months of experience working with children with developmental disabilities
- CPR certification (Preferred)
- Additional hours with Respite Services (AHR & AWR) available.
- A working smartphone to utilize our applications
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Driver's license with a clean abstract required
- Fluency in languages in addition to English is a plus
- Ability to multi-task throughout the entire shift
Hours: Afternoon hours approximately between 12:00pm-6:00pm. Weekend hours are available but are not mandatory.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $15.00-$20.00 /hour
Empower U. is an Equal Opportunity Employer