- Middlesex County, NJ, USA
Who are we? Empowerment at 360
Empower U. is a State of New Jersey approved provider of children's behavioral health services including behavioral management, family therapy, youth and parent mentoring, and respite care. We strive to create an ecosystem that is rich in communication and support to inspire innovation that translates direct care provider field experiences into service and programming opportunities offered through Empower U. - thus increasing our value proposition to the children and families that we serve.
- Unique courses of intensive training, development, and continuing education programming.
- Free CEU courses towards licensure. All CEU courses are accredited, and conducted by Rutgers University Behavioral Health Department.
- Flexible scheduling in accordance to your schedule and that of the families assigned to you.
- Opportunity for growth with the company.
- Complete initial contact to referred families
- Conduct therapeutic services within the home or community
- Complete an assessment with the family in an effort to develop appropriate/necessary recommendations for future success.
- Provide necessary resource and support system development.
- Provide assistance to children and families by addressing a range of behavioral issues for the authorized amount of hours weekly.
- Participate in children family team (CFT) conferences.
- Provide family advocacy as needed.
- Work with case manager in case management and coordination of services.
- Participate in ongoing assessment and evaluation of the family's goals.
- Maintain and submit weekly progress notes and required paperwork.
- Participate in field supervision with the Clinical Supervisor.
- Consistent communication and follow ups with agency core support team and leadership.
- Behavior technician is responsible for tracking and maintaining data collection of session activities and programs developed by supervising BCBA
- This role requires a person who is experienced, comfortable and patient with children and families where behavioral health or developmental disabilities with a variety of mental health challenges.
- This role requires a person who is comfortable with assisting youths with activities of daily living.
- Reliable transportation
- This role requires satisfactory completion of a comprehensive criminal background check, driving record check and professional references.
- This role requires a moderate level of computer literacy in documenting progress notes.
- This role requires an individual who holds a BA/BS in social work, psychology, education or counseling.
- Prior Behavior Technician and/or ABA experience is a plus.
- Experience with children and/or adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities is a plus.
- Experience with the Cyber Performcare system.
- Fieldwork supervision opportunities available for BCBA candidates
- Fluency in languages in addition to English is a plus.
- $100 sign on bonus!
- Job sites available for Hudson, Bergen, and Essex Counties.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $15.00 to $22.00 /hour