- Joplin, MO, USA
- 19.50-20.00 Pay is dependent on experience
- Full Time
Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, company paid life insurance, 401k with match, paid vacation, paid holidays, employee assistance program, educational assistance program
Joplin Concrete Company, in Joplin Missouri is hiring for a full time Mechanic. This is position is responsible for performing a variety of activities designed to service, repair, and maintain pieces of company owned equipment. The mechanic performs a wide range of maintenance, repair, and service-related duties. The work is performed through an application of knowledge and specific skills that denote expertise in vehicle and equipment maintenance.
Our benefit package includes: paid holidays; vacation; medical, dental and vision insurance; company paid life insurance; 401(k) with company match; an Employee Assistance Program; and an Educational Assistance Program.
- Considerable knowledge is required of the standard practices, materials, tools, and equipment used to repair vehicles and equipment.
- Knowledge of the safety issues associated with the use of tools, equipment and supplies is required in the performance of these duties.
- Ability to take orders, instructions, and guidance from supervisors.
- Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to converse with the public, other employees, (drivers) to perform vehicle maintenance and vehicle repairs needs, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records (Part 391.11(b)(2)) so that required maintenance logs can be completed.
- Special Requirements - Possess a valid CDL Class A or a Class B with air brake, license with appropriate endorsements. (Back up Driver)
- Must be able to pass federal DOT drug / alcohol screening and physical.
- Maintains a satisfactory driving record in accordance with Federal and State Motor Carrier regulations and company policy.
- Adheres to safety requirements and procedures and wearing of required safety equipment and clothing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs maintenance and repair activities on heavy duty equipment, but not limited to heavy duty truck, semi-tractors, trailers, loaders, or other Company equipment as needed.
- Diagnoses, services, various systems that are found in pieces of equipment owned by the Company.
- Fabricates, modifies, or installs equipment or parts as needed to repair equipment.
- Performs routine maintenance checks and adjustments on such things as fluid levels, hoses, belts, tires, clutches, filters, oil, lubricates vehicles, and other motor driven equipment.
- Tunes engines, services valves, fuel filters, etc.
- Perform electrical repairs as needed, fuses, batteries, lights, instruments, warning devices, controls, switches, modules, alternators, starts, defective cables, wiring.
- Heating and Air Conditioning repairs as needed.
- Maintains services logs and records of maintenance on vehicles and motorized equipment according to Company policy and regulations.
- Keeps tools, equipment, and work area clean, organized, and in good working condition.
- Road test vehicles as needed.
- Knowledge of body and frame construction.
- Skill in use of a variety of hand tools.
- Skill in the use of gas and electric welding equipment.
- Skill in the use of mechanized tools, jacks, and hoists.
- Skill in the use of a variety of diagnostic testing and tuning equipment.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic malfunctions.
- Ability to read manuals and other schematics.
- Ability to rebuild engines and major driveline components.
- Ability to communicate with other mechanics about repair work needed.
- Ability to enter repair information into reports or software as needed to record repairs and maintenance performed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate repair work needed for the Company.
- Ability to determine work priorities and complete tasks that are needed to be done ahead of others.
- May be needed to substitute as a driver. Drives truck and trailer equipped to pick up and then deliver cement to specific sites by performing the following duties.
- Prepares truck for operation by inspecting general condition; checking fluid levels and tire pressure; and all other necessary pre-trip inspections before leaving to pick-up product.
- Reports repair needs identified during pre-trip and post-trip inspections to management.
- Assists in yard operations by helping in lifting of materials and operating equipment.
- Obtain required repairs; ensuring truck is safe to operate in accordance with DOT regulations and company policy.
- Adequately secures load prior to leaving loading area.
- Delivers load by identifying destinations; establishing route; operating the truck; maintaining schedule.
- Transportation of the load to its required destination in a safe and timely manner by driving in and out of areas with heavy pedestrian traffic, various obstacles, and road driving conditions.
- Delivery of the load and the timely removal of the product from the trailer to the destination site.
- Moves levers or controls as needed to complete the delivery of the load/product.
- Maintain all parts of the truck in clean condition and always maintains safe operation.
- Monitors truck and other company equipment to ensure appearance, safety, and proper maintenance levels.
- Keeps proper records and documents daily activities.
- Cleans truck and trailer after delivery.
- Maintains high level of customer service.
- To perform the job successfully an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily.
- The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills and ability required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a current Medical Card as required by DOT Regulations as approved by the Company.
- Physical demand requires work:
- Up to 60 pounds of force routinely to move objects.
- May be required to exert up to 100lbs.
- Frequently use fine motor skills, physical coordination, and visual acuity / depth perception for safe driving of vehicle.
- Occasionally climbs onto trailer to perform other various tasks before safely climbing back down from trailer.
- Frequent extension of arms overhead for cleaning vehicle, climbing ladder, entering / exiting vehicle, loading materials into / onto vehicle, and various job specific tasks repetitively throughout work period.
- Frequently climbing ladder / steps while performing job specific tasks, carrying equipment, and vehicle cleaning materials.
- Frequently climbing into and exiting out of vehicle cab in various types of terrain in order to maneuver vehicle, operate controls, and complete assigned tasks.
- Some jobs may require employee to be exposed to hazardous work environments.
- Some jobs may require employee to be exposed to work in various inclement weather conditions - hot, cold, wet, dry, humid, wind, etc.
- Frequently walk / carry objects on varying terrain - paved, unpaved, dirt, or traverse rough terrain, etc.
- Operation of automatic transmission and standard transmission vehicles.
- Operation of a Forklift.
- Duties may require employee to move heavy objects.
- Other duties as assigned.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!